SpoC 007 - SqlMap
AoC Candidate: Bernardo Damele
Project coordinator: Dinis Cruz
Project Progress: 100% Complete, Progress Page
Bernardo Damele - SQLMap
sqlmap is an automatic SQL injection tool entirely developed in Python. It is capable to perform an extensive database management system back-end fingerprint, retrieve remote DBMS databases, usernames, tables, columns, enumerate entire DBMS, read system files and much more taking advantage of web application programming security flaws that lead to SQL injection vulnerabilities.
Objectives for OWASP Spring of Code 2007
- Add support for Oracle database management system
- Add support to extract database users password hash
- Extend inband SQL injection functionality to all other possible queries
- Add Microsoft SQL Server database fingerprint
- Add a fuzzer class with the aim to parse html page looking for standard database error messages consequently improving database fingerprinting
- Add support for SQL injection on HTTP Cookie and User-Agent headers
- Add support for query ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) real time calculation
- Improve Google dorking support to take advantage of remote hosts affected by SQL injection to perform other command line argument actions
- Improve logging functionality
Long-term vision for the project
Make sqlmap available as an easy-to-use enumeration and penetration testing tool to the OWASP community extending its functionality to exploit SQL injection vulnerabilities to provide a remote shell on the affected web application database server when possible. In the long run I would also like to develop a graphical user interface.
Why I should be sponsored for the project
I have good python programming skills and some years of experience in computer networks security. I spent most of the last year researching on web application insecurity taking over the sqlmap development since December 2006. Actually I work as software developer at an information security company in Italy where I mostly deal with vulnerability assessment.
- sqlmap homepage
- sqlmap SVN repository web interface
- sqlmap SourceForge File List page
- sqlmap development documentation