OWASP JSEC CVE Details
OWASP JSEC CVE Details
OWASP JSEC CVE DETAILS is an opensource application developed in Java that uses the api provided by cvedetails.com to receive latest CVE updates. Apart from fetching the latest CVEs, it can also be used to search for expoits and vulnerabilities from exploitsearch.net. This tool is used to find and gather information related to CVEs.
The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) system provides a reference-method for publicly known information-security vulnerabilities and exposures. MITRE Corporation maintains the system, with funding from the National Cyber Security Division of the United States Department of Homeland Security.CVE is used by the Security Content Automation Protocol, and CVE IDs are listed on MITRE's system as well as the US National Vulnerability Database.
This project has now been officially approved by OWASP. Here is the link to the project details on OWASP Website https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_JSEC_CVE_Details
www.cvedetails.com provides an easy to use web interface to CVE vulnerability data.You can browse for vendors, products and versions and view cve entries, vulnerabilities,related to them. You can view statistics about vendors, products and versions of products.CVE details are displayed in a single, easy to use page
www.exploitsearch.net, is an attempt at cross referencing/correlating exploits and vulnerability data from various sources and making the resulting database available to everyone.
OWASP JSEC CVE Details is free to use. It is licensed under the GNU GPL v3 license.
News and Events
- How to contribute ?
- 1.Clone or Download the Project
- 2.Open Eclipse
- 3.Import the project as existing projects in workspace
- 4.Run the JSEC.java file
- How to get the executable Jar file
- Either you import the project and export it as a JAR or
- Download from sourceforge https://sourceforge.net/projects/jseccvedetails/
The primary contributors to date have been:
- Debarshi Das - Designing OWASP Logo
- Adam - Exploit Search (exploitsearch.net)
- Admin - cvedetails.com
- Updates : October 2016
- v2.1 source code has been released in Github
- v2.1 has POCs and Exploits searching capabilities
- v3.0 is planned to to be released on 2nd Week of October 2016
- v3.0 has features of scanning is being added
- v4.0 will have cloud integration and REST apis
As of August, 2014, the priorities are:
- This tool uses the api provided by cvedetails.com.
- Using this tool the user can receive latest CVE details and choosing the type of vulnerability i.e. CSRF / XSS / etc
- Other features to be added in future are like searching the Proof of Concepts for every CVE that is listed .
Involvement in the development and promotion of JSEC CVE Details is actively encouraged! You do not have to be a security expert in order to contribute. Some of the ways you can help:
- Find bugs in the code
- Suggest ideas
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What releases are available for this project?