OWASP Washington VA
Welcome to the Washington VA chapter homepage. The chapter leader is Stan Wisseman
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
to this chapter or become a local chapter supporter. Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
While the thunderstorm and summer vacations reduced our normal attendance, that didn't prevent us from having two very good presentations and associated discussions. Links to the presentations are provided below.
1) "Software Assurance: A Strategic Initiative of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to Promote Integrity, Security, and Reliability in Software", Joe Jarzombek, Director for Software Assurance, National Cyber Security Division of DHS. File:DHS SwA Overview 12Jul06a.pdf
2) "Creating smarter fish by customizing the pond (on phishing)", Ron Ritchey, Senior Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton. File:OWASP Phishing Brief v1.5.pdf
Our next meeting will be on 9 August. Let me know if you are interested in giving a presentation.
Meeting Times and Location
The Northern Virginia OWASP chapter meets
every 2nd Wednesday at the Booz Allen Hamilton offices near Dulles 13200 Woodland Park Road, Herndon, VA 20171
You may park in any visitor or non-reserved parking spaces. Enter the building and check in with Booz Allen security at the Lobby Reception Desk.
From the Solutions and Greensboro Drive Intersection:
- Turn Left on GREENSBORO DRIVE
- Turn Left onto WESTPARK DRIVE
- Turn Right onto LEESBURG PIKE / VA-7 WEST
- Merge onto VA-267 WEST / DULLES TOLL ROAD (Portions Toll)
- Take the VA-657 Exit (Exit Number 10 towards Herndon / Chantilly)
- Take the ramp toward CHANTILLY
- Turn Left onto CENTERVILLE ROAD (at end of ramp)
- Turn Left onto WOODLAND PARK ROAD (less than 1⁄2 mile)
- Make an immediate left.
- End at 13200 WOODLAND PARK ROAD. Vistor parking up front