OWASP Washington VA
Welcome to the Washington VA chapter homepage. The chapter leader is Stan Wisseman
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
to this chapter or become a local chapter supporter. Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
We had two talks on 10 May:
- Brian Chess, Fortify (Chief Scientist and co-founder) talked about the Fortify open source project and the impact it is having File:Java Open Review.ppt. He also shared his opinions about black box testing/appsec scanners, their effectiveness and alternatives File:Bytecode injection.ppt.
- "Security at the VMM Layer", Theodore Winograd, Booz Allen Hamilton. Ted did this talk for one of his Master's courses. He is very active supporting NIST with Special Publications, including plans for an upcoming SP on Virtualization. File:Security at the VMM Layer - OWASP.ppt
Our next meeting will be on 12 July at 6pm at Booz Allen's Herndon facility. See directions below. Our speakers are:
- "Ten Secrets to securing your Java EE Web Applications", Karthik Shyamsunder.
- SANS Secure Developer test and an overview of XSS Proxy work being done, Dave Wichers, OWASP leader and Aspect Security President.
Pizza will be provided for a small fee.
To Booz Allen's One Dulles facility:
13200 Woodland Park Road Herndon, VA 20171
From Tyson's Corner:
1. Take LEESBURG PIKE / VA-7 WEST 2. Merge onto VA-267 WEST / DULLES TOLL ROAD (Portions Toll) 3. Take the VA-657 Exit (Exit Number 10 towards Herndon / Chantilly) 4. Take the ramp toward CHANTILLY 5. Turn Left onto CENTERVILLE ROAD (at end of ramp) 6. Turn Left onto WOODLAND PARK ROAD (less than 1⁄2 mile) 7. End at 13200 WOODLAND PARK ROAD