OWASP Washington VA
Welcome to the Washington VA chapter homepage. The chapter leader is Stan Wisseman
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
to this chapter or become a local chapter supporter. Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
We had two talks on 10 May:
- Brian Chess, Fortify (Chief Scientist and co-founder). Presentations forthcoming.
- "Security at the VMM Layer", Theodore Winograd, Booz Allen Hamilton. Ted did this talk for one of his Master's courses. He is very active supporting NIST with Special Publications, including plans for an upcoming SP on Virtualization. File:InfoSec World 2007 - Web services gateways.ppt
Our next meeting will be on 14 June at 6pm back at Booz Allen's Herndon facility. See directions below. Our speakers will be:
- Brian Chess, Fortify (Chief Scientist and co-founder)
Brian will talk about Fortify's offer to use their public scanning services on selected Open Source projects (the Java Open Review Project, see http://opensource.fortifysoftware.com) on all OWASP projects that use Java code. The idea is to put these checks as part of the OWASP SDL. Apart from OWASP being able to use Fortify's public scanning service, Fortify is also supporting OWASP to: 1) analyze the current OWASP tools, 2) publish a report with the findings, and 3) set up a system / workflow that ensures the regular review of OWASP new (and existent) code base. Brian will also discuss Fortify's new Tracer and Defender products.
- "Security at the VMM Layer", Theodore Winograd, Booz Allen Hamilton. Ted did this talk for one of his Master's courses. He is very active supporting NIST with Special Publications, including plans for an upcoming SP on Virtualization.
Pizza will be provided for a small fee.
To Booz Allen's One Dulles facility:
13200 Woodland Park Road Herndon, VA 20171
From Tyson's Corner:
1. Take LEESBURG PIKE / VA-7 WEST 2. Merge onto VA-267 WEST / DULLES TOLL ROAD (Portions Toll) 3. Take the VA-657 Exit (Exit Number 10 towards Herndon / Chantilly) 4. Take the ramp toward CHANTILLY 5. Turn Left onto CENTERVILLE ROAD (at end of ramp) 6. Turn Left onto WOODLAND PARK ROAD (less than 1⁄2 mile) 7. End at 13200 WOODLAND PARK ROAD