BIO: Dave Wichers, COO, Aspect Security - To see my wiki contributions, click here.
Dave Wichers is a cofounder and the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Aspect Security, a company that specializes in application security services.
As a volunteer to OWASP, Dave is:
- A member of the OWASP Board,
- The OWASP Conferences Chair,
- Project lead and coauthor of the OWASP Top 10,
- Coauthor of the OWASP Application Security Verification Standard, and
- Contributor to the OWASP Enterprise Security API (ESAPI) project.
Dave has over 20 years of experience in the information security field, and has focused exclusively on application security since 1998. At Aspect, in addition to his COO duties, he is Aspect's application security courseware lead, one of their chief instructors, and provides a wide variety of application security consulting services to Aspect's clients. Prior to starting Aspect, he ran the Application Security Services Group at Exodus Communications. Dave has a Bachelors and Masters degree in Computer Science, is a CISSP, and a CISM.
For more details than this short bio on what I've done at OWASP, listen to my OWASP podcast.
I've also done lots of OWASP conference presentations. Here are some of them:
- 2010 AppSec DC: Strengths of Combining Code Review with Application Penetration Testing - Video | Slides
- 2010 AppSec Europe: OWASP Top 10 for 2010 - Final - Video | PDF
- 2009 AppSec DC: Debut of the OWASP Top 10 for 2010 Release Candidate - Video | Slides
- 2009 Appsec Ireland: How to Avoid Flaws in the First Place: The OWASP ESAPI Project
- 2009 AppSec Europe: OWASP ASVS Project - Slides
- 2009 AppSec Europe: OWASP Enterprise Security API (ESAPI) Project - Video | Slides
- 2008 AppSec NY: Security in Agile Development - Video | Slides
- 2008 AppSec Europe: Fundamental Application Security Building Blocks - The Benefits of Establishing an Enterprise Security API (ESAPI) for Your Organization - Slides
- 2008 AppSec Europe: Agile Security - Breaking the Waterfall Mindset of the Security Industry - Slides
- 2007 AppSec Europe: OWASP WebGoat and WebScarab - WebGoat Slides | WebScarab Slides
- 2006 AppSec Seattle: Why AJAX Applications are far more likely to be insecure, and What to do about it - Slides
Dave can be reached at: dave.wichers (at) aspectsecurity.com or dave.wichers (at) owasp.org