Andrew van der Stock is a leading web application researcher active in the proactive web application community. He currently is the leader of the OWASP Developer Guide 2013 and OWASP Proactive Controls Projects.
Andrew has been involved with OWASP since early 2003, and helped in the following efforts:
- Executive Director (2005-2007)
- Global Chapters Committee (2011-2012)
- OWASP Guide 2.0 lead (2004-2009)
- OWASP Top 10 2007 project lead and one of the lead authors (2006-2007)
- Moderator of firstname.lastname@example.org (2004-)
- Helped start the Melbourne and Sydney OWASP chapters.
In previous lives, he has assisted with the following projects:
- GaiaBB, forum software - fork of XMB
- XMB, forum software
- AussieVeeDubbers Runs Australia's largest VW car forum
- SAGE-AU President of SAGE AU in 2000-2001, General Committee member 1999-2000, and a long time member.
- pnm2ppa HP print drivers for Unix and work-alike systems
- XFree86 Device drivers for Matrox Millennium I/II/Mystique (mid 90's vintage stuff)
Andrew has presented at many conferences including OSCON, BlackHat USA, Ruxcon, linux.conf.au, and AusCERT.
Forthcoming speaking engagements:
- Linux.conf.au 2013 - Come see me talk about the OWASP Developer Guide 2013
This is where we do the OWASP Developer Guide meetings:
Everything I do at OWASP is solely in a personal capacity. I do not speak for my employer, never have, never will.