Andrew van der Stock is a leading web application researcher active in the proactive web application community.
He has been on the board of the Open Web Application Security Project holding the Executive Director position from 2005 to 2007, OWASP Guide lead (2005-2009, 2012-), OWASP Top 10 2007 (2006-2007) lead and lead author, moderator of webappsec (2004-), and at one stage helped start the Melbourne and Sydney OWASP chapters.
In previous lives, he has assisted with the following projects:
- UltimaBB, forum software - fork of XMB
- XMB, forum software
- AussieVeeDubbers Runs Australia's largest car forum, and one of the world's largest VW car forums
- SAGE-AU President of SAGE AU in 2000-2001, General Committee member 1999-2000, and a long time member.
- pnm2ppa HP print drivers for Unix and work-alike systems
- XFree86 Device drivers for Matrox Millennium I/II/Mystique (mid 90's vintage stuff)
Andrew has presented at many conferences including OSCON, BlackHat USA, Ruxcon, linux.conf.au, and AusCERT.
Forthcoming speaking engagements:
- Linux.conf.au 2013 - Come see me talk about the OWASP Developer Guide 2013