I have assumed, in October 2010, the position of OWASP Training Manager and will be responsible for managing the OWASP ‘Chapter-lead’ Training activities and operationalising the concept of 'OWASP Academies'. Throughout this process, I will be managed by Dinis Cruz and report directly to the OWASP Board.
Within this context, the following derivables have been produced:
- Systematization of the OWASP Training Concept and collation of all related info on a dedicated wiki page;
- Consolidation of the methodology in what relates to the concept and tools;
- Call for Trainers with the objective of building a pool of potential OWASP Trainers to be involved on these initiatives worldwide;
- Encouragement of Local Chapters to replicate Training events according to the OWASP Training model;
- Organization and support of training events driven by local chapters:
- London Training Day, May, 28th, 2010, London, UK
- BeNeLux Training Day, December, 1st, 2010, Leuven, Belgium | Part of the BeNeLux OWASP Day 2010
- IBWAS'10 Training Day, December, 16th, 2010, Lisbon, Portugal | Part of the 2nd OWASP Ibero-American Web Application Security Conference (IBWAS'10)
- Collation of existing Training Modules and creation of new ones according to the needs of initiatives being organized, namely:
- Collation of the necessary information to present the idea to the wider OWASP community and creation of a dedicated wiki page;
- Launching of the discussion among the OWASP Leaders and establishment of contact with representatives of Academic institutions and industry players inviting them to participate in the discussion and challenging them to contribute to the definition of what the OWASP Academies model would be;
- Collation and organization of all the materials and contributions added to the OWASP Academies mailing list;
- Organization of a wide meeting in ISCTE - Instituto Universitário with representatives from several Universities (Oklahoma State University, Royal Holloway, University of Athens, University of Piraeus, Technological Educational Institute of Larissa, ISCTE), local chapters and industry (Security Innovation, Syntax, DRI - IT Consultants Ltd, Lusolabs). The meeting has been recorded
I was, up to the end of July 2010, Head of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) for Europe, Middle East and Africa at the Mergermarket Group (part of the Financial Times Group), having joined the company in July 2007 as a CRM Executive. I have a graduate degree in Statistics and Management of Information and a post-graduate degree in the same area. Before joining Mergermarket, I worked for two years at Dealogic on the Mergers & Acquisitions and Loan Markets products.
Prior to moving to London in 2004, I have worked in several universities in Portugal where I firstly, for roundly half a dozen of years, taught Maths and Statistics and thereafter, throughout an academic year, worked in the conceptualization, development and production of materials to support academic and scientific events and in the creation of methodologies to repackage contents and support academic and scientific activity.
For additional info, please see my CV/Resume.
To see my wiki contributions click here.