Paulo has begun working for OWASP in July 2007 assuming the Spring of Code closing process. In the beginning of 2008, he has become OWASP part-time employee assuming the role of Project Manager. After completing his IELTS course, his status has changed again when in July 2008 he moved into a full-time position. He answers directly to the OWASP Board and has been working closely with the OWASP Global Projects Committee since it has been institutionalized in November 2008.
A few of his OWASP’s heterogenous contribuitions are as follows:
- OWASP Spring of Code 2007,
- OWASP Season of Code 2008,
- OWASP Summit 2008,
- OWASP Assessment Criteria 1.0 & 2.0,
- OWASP 'Project About' Templates,
- OWASP Projects Dashboard,
- OWASP Training.
Paulo Coimbra has a B.S. in Management and Social Development (Portuguese Catholic University), a M.S. in Management (Technical University of Lisbon), a Post-Graduation in Political Science (University of Lisbon) and is currently attending a Law degree eevening class.
He has worked in management since 1992. He has performed different roles in distinct work places, from Economist (IAPMEI/Portuguese Ministry of Economy) to Teacher of Finances and Accountancy (Polytechnic Institute of Setubal), to Marketing Director and Teacher of Project Finance, Corporate Communication and Political Theory (Piaget Institute).
- Launch and manage the
- Contribute to and stabilize OWASP’s new Assessment Criteria 2.0,
- Contribute to the assessment, and re-assessment, of all OWASP projects.
- Build and maintain a wiki page with the status of all OWASP projects and their assessments.
- To welcome new developers who are interested in joining OWASP community.
- Help project leaders and participants with their projects in any way that I can.
- Assist with the OWASP Summit Conference planning.