Difference between revisions of "User:Larry Conklin"
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
== Prior Projects ==
== Prior Projects ==
=== Williams Communications Group/WilTel/Level 3 Communications. ===
Revision as of 20:42, 7 March 2013
Senior Developer at QuikTrip in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
My current emphasis is in Microsoft .NET technologies including C#, VB.NET, and SQL Server. Recent project experiences include converting legacy VB software to .NET, creating and maintaining operational support web sites to help QuikTrip manage it’s 600+ stores.
C#, C/C++,RPGILE, COBOL, SQL, (SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, PostgreSQL)
My current passion is talking and learning about security and integrating it into SDLC to create secure code. Within that field I have contributed to…
Contributor Tulsa TechFest October 2012 Annual technical training conference. http://www.tulsatechfest.com I organized entire track on security bringing academia and national recognize speakers on security and digital forensics.
2nd Annual (ISC)2 Security Congress/ASIS International 58th September 2012. I presented a poster session and paper for peer review on integrating security into an organization SDLC.
OWASP, contributor/reviewer for OWASP Application Security Code of Conduct books 2.0 (not released yet)
Currrent project support manager OWASP Code review project 2.0.
Vice-President Tulsa .Net Users Club. 2012 present.
Presenter at Tulsa TechFest October 2011
INFOSEC Certificate Program at University of Tulsa
ISC(2) CISSP Certification
Committee on Nation Security Systems Certificates. NSTISSI No. 4011:
Information Systems Security Professional, 4012:
Williams Communications Group/WilTel/Level 3 Communications.
• Senior Software Architect for a geographic diverse development group that is delivering an application responsible for routing videos feeds for news and sports content across Level 3 lP network for major broadcasters. This application was the primary way Vivx received video reservations. 70% of video reservations where online within 30 minutes of Vyvx receiving the video reservation. Written in C++ using gcc, on Solaris/Linux.
• Senior Software Architect on internal web application for our Telco Pricing application written in C#, html, java script. The application was architected to make application scalable with better integration with our CRM application (Siebel) using direct api calls into Siebel as well as using data from Siebel database and web services to obtain data from a teleco vendor and mapping software and object oriented in order to make application more flexible for future growth and change. Pricing application was viewed by sales and marketing management as a competitive advantage for Level 3 against it competitors by allowing sales force to quickly and confidently deliver quotes using a step by step approach and allows marketing to track leads and sales by market, product, etc. Technologies used were C#, ASPX, Java script, Oracle, MapInfo MapXtreme and Siebel.
• As the software architect I lead the analysis, design, and development for IP network Service Level Management (SLM). I was team lead/Architect responsible for collecting measurements on the IP network. Measurements include Network availability, Packet loss, Latency, Jitter. Level 3’s SLM application was a sales differentiator for sales and operations by allowing customers to see entire SLM from end point to end point. We are able to measure network core, edge to core, and end to end. Code written in C++ using gcc, on Solaris/Linux. Uses Pthreads, LIBPCAP for Real-time C++ Network Systems Programming. SLM has a front end web portal written in Java, JSP using JBoss. Oracle is the database on a Sun Solaris server.
• As the software architect I lead the development of the usage and discounting modules for a wholesale voice telecommunications billing system. WilTel discounting was heavy used by sales to implement various discounting models to help create sales. Application was design so sales could create discounting models without having to ask IT for enhancements to existing application. Voice Billing was a large revenue source. The model was developed using C++, MS SQL, Windows NT.
• Team member looking at integrated solution for single sign on solution, Also part of security team acting as a liaison between Development and Infrastructure within IT.
As a Lead Developer/Technical Manager design, develop and implement a cellular billing system. Special attention was paid to object orientation, scalability, flexibility and above all efficiency. When I left BellSouth we processed 156 bill cycles per month for over 1 million customers. Average bill cycle had between 30,000 to 50,000 customers. This application also reduces cost per bill from 3.00 per bill to less than two dollars per bill.
• Personal responsibilities included Call processing module, reporting module and the post-billing module. Later became lead developer/technical manager of the team with responsibilities, which included management of ongoing development, analysis and design of new requirements, and production implementation. System was written in C++ on AIX UNIX utilizing Sybase database, DCE interprocess communication. Application was able to process 158 bill cycles per month. Each bill cycle has an average of 20,000 to 35,000 subscribers.
• Wrote data transformation system using C++ and Sybase SQL and stored procedures. System accepted real time feed of changes from an AS/400 database via SNA LU62 and translated the information into a Sybase 10 database.
• Wrote a TCP interface using C++ and RPG from an AS/400 to an AIX UNIX system to provide interprocess communication between Customer Care application and Cellular switches.