Hello and welcome to my user page at OWASP.org. You'll find some details about my public work and things related to web application security here. My OWASP wiki contributions here.
You can reach me mailto: achim (at) owasp -dot- org, or check some popular social networks ...
"some" Security ..
It's difficult to describe my knowledge in the security world without being subjective, hence replace some by whatever your feel happy with. The official title on the v-card will be senior security and network consultant, which means something too.
Doing software development since early '80s, used to networking all the time, focused on web application security starting this millenium. Have seen coming, have evaluated, have configured and used and have seen disappearing a lot of WAFs and web application security scanners. Currently employed at SecureNet GmbH.
- Participating in the German Chapter.
- Project leader, maintainer, developer of OWASP EnDe Project
- being reviewer on some other OWASP projects (SoC 2008)
- CAL9000 (added some en/decoding and request/response functionality; 2006)
- Best Practices: WAF
- Best Practice: Projektierung der Sicherheitsprüfung von Webanwendungen
Public Papers / Work
- HTTP State Managemnt Mechanism (Cookie) current httpstate working group
- Best Practice: Projektierung der Sicherheitsprüfung von Webanwendungen (author 2009)
- Web Application Security Threat Classification v2 (contributor 2008/2009/2010)
- Best Practices: Einsatz von Web Application Firewalls (co-author, 2008)
- Sicherheit von Webanwendungen: BSI-Maßnahmenkatalog und Best Practices (author, 2005/2006)
- Web Application Firewall Evaluation Criteria (contributor, 2005)
- Web Application Security Threat Classification v1 (contributor and German translation, 2004/2005)
Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler (Einstein)
KISS - keep it simple stupid