Hello and welcome to my user page at OWASP.org. You'll find some details about my public work and things related to web application security here. My OWASP wiki contributions here.
You can reach me mailto: achim (at) owasp -dot- org, or check some popular social networks (i.e. [linkedin]) ...
"some" Security ..
It's difficult to describe my knowledge in the security world without being subjective, hence replace some by whatever your feel happy with. The official title on the v-card will be senior security and network consultant, which means something too.
I'm doing software development since early '80s, used to networking all the time, and focused on web application security starting this millenium. Meanwhile I've seen coming, have evaluated, have configured and used, and have seen disappearing a lot of WAFs and web application security scanners. Founded sic[!]sec GmbH in 2010.
- Participating in the German Chapter, German Chapter Board Member
- Project leader, maintainer, developer of OWASP EnDe Project
- Reviewer on some other OWASP projects (SoC 2008)
- CAL9000 (added some en-/decoding and request/response functionality; 2006)
- OWASP papers:
Public Papers / Work
- HTTP State Management Mechanism (Cookie) current httpstate working group (contributor 2009/2010)
- Best Practice: Projektierung der Sicherheitsprüfung von Webanwendungen (author 2009)
- Web Application Security Threat Classification v2 (contributor 2008/2009/2010)
- Best Practices: Einsatz von Web Application Firewalls (co-author, 2008)
- Sicherheit von Webanwendungen: BSI-Maßnahmenkatalog und Best Practices (author, 2005/2006)
- Web Application Firewall Evaluation Criteria (contributor, 2005)
- Web Application Security Threat Classification v1 (contributor and German translation, 2004/2005)
Mach es so einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher
Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler(Einstein)
KISS - keep it simple stupid