Welcome to the Triangle chapter homepage. The current chapter leaders are Chris Romeo and Steve Pinkham. The current board consists of:
- Rich Daugherty
- Eric Hart
- Steve Pinkham
- Chris Romeo
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
to this chapter or become a local chapter supporter. Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
Everyone is welcome to join us at our chapter meetings, but registration is required at meetup for planning purposes.
We hope that you will join us at our meetings soon!
Chapter MeetingsVisit our group on meetup.com
- Oct 24, 2019 (18:30): Mobile AppSec 101iContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCA storm of mobile app security and privacy issues continues to intensify, while the skills gap worsens. Security professionals have discovered that web app security practices don't cut it for mobile. Because the tools and methodologies differ, it's time for practitioners to learn some new skills leveraging the OWASP Mobile Project resources and patterns found testing thousands of mobile apps. In t (read more)
- Nov 28, 2019 (18:30): Speaker TBA - Contact us if interestediContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCTBA
- Dec 26, 2019 (18:30): Speaker TBA - Contact us if interestediContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCTBA
- Jan 30, 2020 (18:30): Speaker TBA - Contact us if interestediContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCTBA
- Feb 27, 2020 (18:30): Speaker TBA - Contact us if interestediContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCTBA
- Sep 26, 2019 (18:30): Lightning talks (15 slides x 15 minute)Pendo, 150 Fayetteville St #1400 · Raleigh, NCFor our September meeting, we are at Pendo in Raleigh, and we'd like to celebrate with a night of lightning talks! What is a lightning talk, you ask? A lightning talk is a quick presentation of fewer than 15 slides, with a time limit of 15 minutes. Here is the list of talks: Valdez Ladd: Using the OWASP Top Ten Privacy for data privacy awareness for developers and security operations. Chuck Kesler (read more)
- Aug 29, 2019 (18:30): A developer's introduction to FIDO2iContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCAbstract: FIDO2, an authentication protocol from the FIDO Alliance, maybe one of the most significant developments in nearly a quarter-century; its aim? To eliminate passwords off the internet. As simple as it is designed to be for end-users, it is also one of the most complex authentication technologies web and mobile application developers are going to run into given the threats it is anticipate (read more)
- Jul 25, 2019 (18:30): The ten things I wish every developer knew about application securityiContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCAre your web applications as secure as they should be? How do they fair against the OWASP Top 10, the list of the most dangerous application risks? You almost certainly suffer from one or more of the OWASP Top 10 problems in your web applications. There is an answer for each of the OWASP Top 10 application risks. Enter the OWASP Proactive Controls or the ten things I wish every developer knew abou (read more)
- Jun 27, 2019 (18:30): AppSec Tales of Fails(& avoiding them), plus Deserialization Intro-Rebecca DeckPendo, 150 Fayetteville St #1400 · Raleigh, NC****PLEASE NOTE LOCATION: Not our normal meeting space****Pizza and beverages will be supplied. Thanks to Pendo for offering us meeting space and drinks! Rebecca Deck of DirectDefense will be covering two topics for us this month.Appsec Tales of Fails:Manual application security testing is expensive. As a third-party consultant, you regularly are forced to deliver substandard test results to clien (read more)
- May 30, 2019 (18:30): Build a complete security operations and compliance program on a Graph DBiContact, 2121 RDU Center Drive, 4th Floor · Morrisville, NCSpeaker: Erkang Zheng Abstract: Attackers think in graphs; defenders operate with lists. That’s why attackers win. What if we could have a graph-based, data-driven security and compliance platform that can: · intelligently analyze my environment,· automatically keep up with the constant changes and· help us understand and navigate that complexity This talk describes how the security and engin (read more)
Our current meeting space sponsor is iContact.
We are seeking meeting/food sponsors, please contact us if you are interested!
The Raleigh NC Chapter is looking for new members. Please don't hesitate to contact the leadership team if you would like to assist the local chapter in any way.
We accept flattery, suggestions, and snide remarks as well as monetary, time, food, content and facilities donations.
Aside from regular meetings with guest speakers from other chapters and organizations, we are soliciting interest in new and ongoing projects our membership is involved in. If you have any interest in contributing to these projects, please let me know.
We are soliciting interest in some ongoing projects our membership is already involved in, as well as being open to new projects.
Please contact the leadership team if you are interested in helping out!