Testing Guide Frontispiece
This article is part of the OWASP Testing Guide v3. The entire OWASP Testing Guide v3 can be downloaded here.
OWASP at the moment is working at the OWASP Testing Guide v4: you can browse the Guide here
Welcome to the OWASP Testing Guide 3.0
“Open and collaborative knowledge: that’s the OWASP way.”
-- Matteo Meucci
OWASP thanks the many authors, reviewers, and editors for their hard work in bringing this guide to where it is today. If you have any comments or suggestions on the Testing Guide, please e-mail the Testing Guide mail list:
Or drop a mail to the project leader: Matteo Meucci
Copyright and License
Copyright (c) 2006 The OWASP Foundation.
This document is released under the Creative Commons 2.5 License. Please read and understand the license and copyright conditions.
The Testing Guide v3 comes in September 2008. The Testing guide originated in 2003 with Dan Cuthbert as one of the original editors. It was handed over to Eoin Keary in 2005 and transformed into a wiki. Matteo Meucci has decided to take on the Testing guide and is now the lead of the OWASP Testing Guide Project.
- 15th September, 2008
- "OWASP Testing Guide", Version 3.0
- December 25, 2006
- "OWASP Testing Guide", Version 2.0
- July 14, 2004
- "OWASP Web Application Penetration Checklist", Version 1.1
- December 2004
- "The OWASP Testing Guide", Version 1.0
Matteo Meucci: OWASP Testing Guide Lead from 2007.
Eoin Keary: OWASP Testing Guide 2005-2007 Lead.
Daniel Cuthbert: OWASP Testing Guide 2003-2005 Lead.
- Java, Java Web Server, and JSP are registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Merriam-Webster is a trademark of Merriam-Webster, Inc.
- Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
- Octave is a service mark of Carnegie Mellon University.
- VeriSign and Thawte are registered trademarks of VeriSign, Inc.
- Visa is a registered trademark of VISA USA.
- OWASP is a registered trademark of the OWASP Foundation
All other products and company names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Use of a term in this document should not be regarded as affecting the validity of any trademark or service mark.