Testing Guide Frontispiece
Welcome to the OWASP Testing Guide 2.0
“Open and collaborative knowledge: that’s the OWASP way.”
-- Matteo Meucci
OWASP thanks the many authors, reviewers, and editors for their hard work in bringing this guide to where it is today. If you have any comments or suggestions on the Testing Guide, please e-mail the Testing Guide mail list:
Copyright and License
Copyright (c) 2006 The OWASP Foundation.
This document is released under the Creative Commons 2.5 License. Please read and understand the license and copyright conditions.
The Testing guide originated in 2003 with Dan Cuthbert as one of the original editors. It was handed over to Eoin Keary in 2005 and transformed into a wiki. Matteo Meucci has decided to take on the Testing guide and is now the lead of the OWASP Testing Guide Autumn of Code (AoC) effort.
- December 25, 2006
- "OWASP Testing Guide", Version 2.0
- July 14, 2004
- "OWASP Web Application Penetration Checklist", Version 1.1
- December 2004
- "The OWASP Testing Guide", Version 1.0
Eoin Keary: OWASP Testing Guide 2005-2007 Lead.
Matteo Meucci: OWASP Testing Guide "Autumn of Code" 2006 Lead. Testing Guide 2007 Lead.
- Java, Java Web Server, and JSP are registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Merriam-Webster is a trademark of Merriam-Webster, Inc.
- Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
- Octave is a service mark of Carnegie Mellon University.
- VeriSign and Thawte are registered trademarks of VeriSign, Inc.
- Visa is a registered trademark of VISA USA.
- OWASP is a registered trademark of the OWASP Foundation
All other products and company names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Use of a term in this document should not be regarded as affecting the validity of any trademark or service mark.
OWASP Testing Guide v2
Here is the OWASP Testing Guide v2 Table of Contents