Date: Tuesday, 20rd April 2010
Location: PricewaterhouseCoopersLevel 15, 201 Sussex St, Sydney, NSW 2000)
- Lightning Talks!
Please submit your proposals for lightning talks to one of the chapter leaders.
Presentation Rules: Duration: 10 minutes or less.
Subject: Anything as long as it’s interesting (and probably webappsec related)
Experience: No previous presentation experience required
Attitude: Have fun! Grumpy bastards not allowed
Get your proposals in quick - speakers will be announced soon.
6:00 - 6:20 Peer-to-Peer Networking with Refreshments
6:20 - 6:30 Sydney Chapter News
6:30 - 7:30 Presentations
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Tuesday, 23rd March 2010
Location:Stratsec, Lvl 6, 62 Pitt St, Sydney .
- PDF Hacking - Paul Theriault (Link TBA)
- The plan is to run an informal workshop style presentation with the following objectives:
- Provide an introduction to PDF format, scripting capabilities and other “features” you wouldn’t expect to see in a document format
- Learn some basic tools & techniques for analyzing malicious PDF files, for great justice
- Learn some basic tools & techniques for creating malicious PDF files, for great science
- Look at the security implications of PDFs and what can be done in an enterprise environment to reduce these risks (uninstall Reader?)
- Incident Case Study - Charles Carmakal (Link TBA)
- Review of the security breach landscape in the US and go through an interesting case study. It involved organised criminals from eastern Europe, over $100M of losses, and incredible sophistication. The initial point of entry for this breach was the web - SQL injection, linked databases, privilege escalation, development/deployment of custom malware.