OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
The OWASP Sweden blog
For lengthy news and event reports please visit the OWASP Sweden blog (in Swedish).
OWASP-Sweden Meeting April 28th 2009 -- Code Analysis and Review
The second chapter meeting of 2009 will be held on Tuesday April 28th at Clarion Hotel Stockholm. The focus is code analysis and code review. Fortify sponsors the event and welcome the chapter members to refreshments, starting at 17.30.
- Fredrik Möller (Fortify) will biefly present Fortify and their support of OWASP
- David Anumudu (Fortify) will present and do a live demo of Fortify Solution
- James Dickson (Simovits Consulting) will give a talk on code review
Don't forget to send an email to John Wilander (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than April 23rd to say you're coming. We need to know how many will turn up.
OWASP-Sweden Meeting March 26th 2009 -- XSS & CSRF
The first meeting of 2009 will be held Thursday March 26th at LabCenter, Oxtorgsgränd 2, Stockholm. The focus is cross-site scripting and cross-site request forgery, attacks and countermeasures. Inspect it and LabCenter sponsor the event and welcome the chapter members to refreshments, starting at 17.00.
- Hasain Alshakarti, TrueSec: "XSS & CSRF -- A Deadly Cocktail"
- Sergio Molero, Concrete IT: "Skydd mot XSS och CSRF"
Don't forget to send an email to Mattias Bergling (email@example.com) no later than March 23rd to say you're coming. We need to know how many will turn up.
OWASP-Sweden Meeting November 19th 2008 -- PCI DSS
The next chapter meeting is Wednesday November 19th. The focus of the seminars is on PCI-DSS, i.e. security in payment card handling on the Internet. The program:
- Mats Henriksson, Pan Nordic Card Assoc: "PCI DSS - Tre goda anledningar"
- Pål Göran Stensson, Defensor Sverige AB: "PCI DSS - Externa krav och konsulten"
- Bengt Berg, Cybercom Sweden East AB: "Olika angreppssätt på PCI DSS"
The meeting is fully booked. But do send an email to John Wilander (firstname.lastname@example.org) to say you're interested and we'll let you know if seats become available.
OWASP Sweden Hosts the OWASP AppSec Europe Conference 2010
We're hosting the European OWASP AppSec conference in 2010! Please read the announcement.
OWASP-Sweden Meeting October 6th 2008 -- Security in the Open Source Process
The next chapter meeting is Monday October 6th at Clarion Hotel Stockholm (Skanstull). The focus of the seminars will be on "Security in the Open Source Process". Refreshments will be served from 16:30 and the seminars will commence at 17:30. Except for a closing panel discussion the program contains the following:
- Simon Josefsson, SJD: ”Anekdoter och lärdomar från granskning av säkerhetsprogram”
- Daniel Stenberg, daniel.haxx.se: ”Säker kod och utveckling i cURL-projektet”
- Anders Karlsson, MySQL och Sun Microsystems: ”MySQL: Säkerhet i ett kommersiellt open source-projekt”
Don't forget to send an email to Robert Malmgren (email@example.com) no later than September 29th to say you're coming. We need to know how many will turn up.
OWASP-Sweden Meeting May 27th 2008 - SQL Injection, Web Scarab
OWASP-Sweden welcomes its members to the next chapter meeting - Tuesday May 27th at Clarion Hotel Stockholm. Refreshments will be served from 17:00, demos will be shown from 17:30, and the seminars will commence at 18:00. The main attractions are:
- Patrik Karlson, Inspect it: "SQL injection, identifiering och utnyttjande"
- Johannes Gumbel, TrueSec: "WebScarab—funktioner, fördelar och nackdelar"
Don't forget to send an email to Mattias Bergling (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than May 21st to say you're coming. We need to know how many will turn up.
Kick-Off Meeting for OWASP-Sweden April 1st 2008
The OWASP-Sweden kick-off will be held at WTC in Stockholm on April 1st. Yeah, it's April Fool's Day but we go under the tagline "Application Security is Not a Joke". The presentation program includes:
- Andrei Sabelfeld, well-known security researcher from Chalmers
- Michael Anderberg, Chief Security Advisor at Microsoft Sweden
- Per Mellstrand, software analyst at Sony Ericsson and researcher at Blekinge Institute of Technology
Don't forget to send an email to John Wilander (email@example.com) no later than March 27 to say you're coming. We need to know how many will turn up.
We're kicking off!
OWASP-Sweden in Computer Sweden - 08:44, 19 Dec 2007 (EDT)
Today the Swedish national IT newspaper 'Computer Sweden' published an article on the new OWASP-Sweden chapter - Mecka för säker programmering till Sverige, or A Mecka for Secure Programming Reaches Sweden in English. While OWASP is more than a programmer's guide, Mattias Bergling and I are very happy to get the news out to a large part of Sweden's IT industry.
To become a member of Owasp-Sweden just join the mailing list.
OWASP-Sweden opens! - 22:25, 01 Oct 2007 (EDT)
Finally, Sweden has joined the OWASP movement and John Wilander, the local chapter leader, welcomes members to the Stockholm-based OWASP-Sweden. Please, join our mailing list. Plans for meetings and seminars will be made.
Are you interested in helping out? Do you have ideas for great invited speakers or workshop meetings? Feel free to contact the chapter.