Welcome to the Sweden chapter homepage. The chapter leader is John Wilander
Click here to join the local chapter mailing list.
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is and open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
The OWASP Sweden blog
For lengthy news and event reports please visit the OWASP Sweden blog (in Swedish).
OWASP-Sweden Meeting November 19th 2008
The next chapter meeting is Wednesday November 19th. The focus of the seminars is on PCI-DSS, i.e. security in payment card handling on the Internet. Omegapoint invites the chapter members to their new office and sponsors the event with a buffet starting at 17.00.
- Mats Henriksson, Pan Nordic Card Assoc: "PCI DSS - Tre goda anledningar"
- Pål Göran Stensson, Defensor Sverige AB: "PCI DSS - Externa krav och konsulten"
- Bengt Berg, Cybercom Sweden East AB: "Olika angreppssätt på PCI DSS"
The meeting is fully booked. But do send an email to John Wilander (email@example.com) to say you're interested and we'll let you know if seats become available.
OWASP Sweden Hosts the OWASP AppSec Europe Conference 2010
We're hosting the European OWASP AppSec conference in 2010! Please read the announcement.
OWASP-Sweden Meeting October 6th 2008
- Simon Josefsson, SJD: ”Anekdoter och lärdomar från granskning av säkerhetsprogram”
- Daniel Stenberg, daniel.haxx.se: ”Säker kod och utveckling i cURL-projektet”
- Anders Karlsson, MySQL och Sun Microsystems: ”MySQL: Säkerhet i ett kommersiellt open source-projekt”
Don't forget to send an email to Robert Malmgren (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than September 29th to say you're coming. We need to know how many will turn up.
OWASP-Sweden Meeting May 27th 2008
- Patrik Karlson, Inspect it: "SQL injection, identifiering och utnyttjande"
- Johannes Gumbel, TrueSec: "WebScarab—funktioner, fördelar och nackdelar"
Don't forget to send an email to Mattias Bergling (email@example.com) no later than May 21st to say you're coming. We need to know how many will turn up.
Kick-Off Meeting for OWASP-Sweden April 1st 2008
The OWASP-Sweden kick-off will be held at WTC in Stockholm on April 1st. Yeah, it's April Fool's Day but we go under the tagline "Application Security is Not a Joke". The presentation program includes:
- Andrei Sabelfeld, well-known security researcher from Chalmers
- Michael Anderberg, Chief Security Advisor at Microsoft Sweden
- Per Mellstrand, software analyst at Sony Ericsson and researcher at Blekinge Institute of Technology
Don't forget to send an email to John Wilander (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than March 27 to say you're coming. We need to know how many will turn up.
We're kicking off!
OWASP-Sweden in Computer Sweden - 08:44, 19 Dec 2007 (EDT)
Today the Swedish national IT newspaper 'Computer Sweden' published an article on the new OWASP-Sweden chapter - Mecka för säker programmering till Sverige, or A Mecka for Secure Programming Reaches Sweden in English. While OWASP is more than a programmer's guide, Mattias Bergling and I are very happy to get the news out to a large part of Sweden's IT industry.
To become a member of Owasp-Sweden just join the mailing list.
OWASP-Sweden opens! - 22:25, 01 Oct 2007 (EDT)
Finally, Sweden has joined the OWASP movement and John Wilander, the local chapter leader, welcomes members to the Stockholm-based OWASP-Sweden. Please, join our mailing list. Plans for meetings and seminars will be made.