OWASP-Sweden Meeting October 6th 2008
The next chapter meeting is Monday October 6th at Clarion Hotel Stockholm (Skanstull). The focus of the seminars will be on "Security in the Open Source Process". Except for a closing panel discussion the program contains the following presentations:
- Simon Josefsson, SJD: ”Anekdoter och lärdomar från granskning av säkerhetsprogram”
- Daniel Stenberg, daniel.haxx.se: ”Säker kod och utveckling i cURL-projektet”
- Anders Karlsson, MySQL och Sun Microsystems: ”MySQL: Säkerhet i ett kommersiellt open source-projekt”
Don't forget to send an email to Robert Malmgren (email@example.com) no later than September 29th to say you're coming. We need to know how many will turn up.
OWASP-Sweden Meeting May 27th 2008
OWASP-Sweden welcomes its members to the next chapter meeting - Tuesday May 27th at Clarion Hotel Stockholm. Refreshments will be served from 17:00, demos will be shown from 17:30, and the seminars will commence at 18:00. The main attractions are:
- Patrik Karlson, Inspect it: "SQL injection, identifiering och utnyttjande"
- Johannes Gumbel, TrueSec: "WebScarab—funktioner, fördelar och nackdelar"
Don't forget to send an email to Mattias Bergling (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than May 21st to say you're coming. We need to know how many will turn up.
Kick-Off Meeting for OWASP-Sweden April 1st 2008
The OWASP-Sweden kick-off will be held at WTC in Stockholm on April 1st. Yeah, it's April Fool's Day but we go under the tagline "Application Security is Not a Joke". The presentation program includes:
- Andrei Sabelfeld, well-known security researcher from Chalmers
- Michael Anderberg, Chief Security Advisor at Microsoft Sweden
- Per Mellstrand, software analyst at Sony Ericsson and researcher at Blekinge Institute of Technology
Don't forget to send an email to John Wilander (email@example.com) no later than March 27 to say you're coming. We need to know how many will turn up.
We're kicking off!
OWASP-Sweden in Computer Sweden - 08:44, 19 Dec 2007 (EDT)
Today the Swedish national IT newspaper 'Computer Sweden' published an article on the new OWASP-Sweden chapter - Mecka för säker programmering till Sverige, or A Mecka for Secure Programming Reaches Sweden in English. While OWASP is more than a programmer's guide, Mattias Bergling and I are very happy to get the news out to a large part of Sweden's IT industry.
To become a member of Owasp-Sweden just join the mailing list.
OWASP-Sweden opens! - 22:25, 01 Oct 2007 (EDT)
Finally, Sweden has joined the OWASP movement and John Wilander, the local chapter leader, welcomes members to the Stockholm-based OWASP-Sweden. Please, join our mailing list. Plans for meetings and seminars will be made.