Summit 2011 Working Sessions/Session035/Deliverable 1
Objectives and action plan to improve OWASP presence in Brazil
The following objectives were defined for OWASP in Brazil:
- A new Chapter has been created in the city of Recife. Its two leaders are: Felipe Ferraz and Rodrigo Assad
- The Brazilian Chapters must be empowered through periodic meetings
- Periodicity must be defined
- The meetings must be promoted to the Brazilian AppSec Community.
- The Chapter leaders must leverage the OWASP wiki and the specific mailing list to make the meetings happen
- The Brazilian groups and individuals that develop activities related to Application Security must be identified and contacted. Three categories have been defined
- The Summit synergies must be leveraged to increase the collaboration with other Latin American Countries
- Boost the 3rd AppSec Brasil (1st AppSec LA) by the creation of an Latin-American organization committee focused in the local efforts to seek resources and event promotion. This committee should contribute to the success of the event.
- have a working session at AppSec Brasil to assess the outcomes of the item 3 above.
- Seek OWASP financial support to start the project
- Keep the efforts to approach industry, government and academia to
promote and empower OWASP.