Summit 2011 FAQ
Information abot the Global Summit 2011
Where and when will the 2011 Global Summit be held?
The Summit will be held February 8th-11th at CampoReal Resort in central Oeste Portugal, 38 km north of Lisbon and 18 km inland from the Atlantic Ocean. Please visit the Summit Wiki page http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011 and look under the heading "Venue" for more information.
Attending the Summit
Please can anyone assist me with the registration for the summit? I wish to participate at the summit but don't know how to go about the registration process and funding application.
- You will need to add your name to this list http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011_Attendee Under the heading "Confirmed Summit Attendees: Seeking Funds/Sponsorship"
- For information on applying for chapter/project funding: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011#tab=Applying_for_Chapter_or_Project_Sponsorship
- You may also find some of the letters here helpful in getting funding from your employer: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011#tab=Letters_and_Summit_Materials
- Email Sarah Baso or Lorna Alamri with any follow-up questions.
Working Sessions, Tracks, and Schedule for the Summit
If I would like to plan a working session or track at the Summit, what do I need to do?
- First, make sure yourname has been added to http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011_Attendee. If you will need help with funding, also let us know ASAP and I will let you know if there is any further information we need from you. To apply for OWASP funds, look at the process we have set up on our wiki page http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011 under the tab "Applying for Chapter or Project Sponsorship". If neither of these avenues will be able to support you, then we can look into funding you from the general summit "pot".
- Go to the Summit Working Sessions page and determine if there is a Session or Track that has already been laid out that you would like to be a part of or if you want to plan something completely new.
- Just speak up about what you would like to do --- if it is on the list, I will add your name to it (or feel free to edit yourself), otherwise, I can create something for you.
Let me know if you have any questions. Sarah Baso