Static Code Analysis
Every Control should follow this template.
This is a control. To view all control, please see the Control Category page.
Last revision (mm/dd/yy): 01/5/2012
Static Code Analysis is usually performed as part of a Code Review and is carried out at the Implementation phase of a Security Development Lifecycle (SDL). Static Code Analysis commonly refers to the running of Static Code Analysis tools that attempt to highlight possible vulnerabilities within source code by using techniques such as Flow Control and/or Pattern Matching.
- Talk about the factors that this control affects
- What effect does this countermeasure have on the attack or vulnerability?
- Does this control reduce the technical or business impact?
Difficulty to Implement
- Discuss the typical difficulty of implementing this control, emphasizing the factors that make it easier or harder
- Steer clear of language/platform specific information here
RIPS PHP Static Code Analysis Tool
Short example name
- A short example description, small picture, or sample code with links
- OWASP LAPSE (Java)
- PMD (Java)
- FlawFinder (C/C++)
- Microsoft FxCop (.NET)
- Splint (C)
- FindBugs (Java)
- RIPS (PHP)
- Agnitio (Multiple)