The OWASP Foundation will review and update Membership Benefits for both Corporate and Individual Members. This project will also outline a more consistent plan for various individual membership practices such as honorary membership.
- Provide real value to corporations and individuals who economically support the Foundation
- Ensure a consistent and fair implementation of benefits for all members
- More closely Corporate Member pricing to benefit and ability to support metrics
- Increase funding for the Foundation and its mission
- 2019-05-01, Staff continued brainstorming from Feb F2F
- 2019-05-01, Launch Corporate Sponsorship packages [Complete]
- 2019-06-11, Circulate plan and proposed Board resolution for minimally Corporate Membership
- 2019-06-18, Board vote on Corporate Membership changes and pricing
- 2019-07-09, Circulate plan and proposed Board resolution for Individual
- 2019-07-16, Board vote on Individual Membership changes and pricing.
PROPOSED Corporate Membership Benefits
Currently there are a variety of membership levels with varying sets of benefits. Generally those benefits can be summarized as promotional, discounts, and voting. In an effort to simplify the selling process, the proposal is to offer only one membership level with two prices: (1) $25,000 per year for organizations with over $100M of annual revenue and (2) $5,000 per year for organizations with under $100M of annual revenue.
- Recognition on website as Corporate Member
- Individual Memberships for employees of the Member
- Up to 10 Memberships for organizations with less than $100M in annual revenue
- Up to 100 Memberships for organizations with more than $100M in annual revenue
- 20% Discount on OWASP Full Conference Passes
- One Corporate vote per Election Cycle
- Up to 20% of Corporate Membership Dues can be attributed to a Project or Initiative.
It should be noted that the Foundation may from time-to-time extend additional promotional benefits to Corporate Members, but above is our minimal commitment.
PROPOSED Individual Membership Benefits
- Qualified to hold a leadership position on OWASP Projects, Chapters or Committees
- Qualified to run for Board seat
- One Individual voter per Election Cycle
- owasp.org email address
- Discounts on OWASP Events
- [FUTURE] Early access to content
- [FUTURE] Early access to register for Conference and Training
- Project Lead: Mike McCamon