Themes for 2019: Simplify, Unify, Grow
- Simplify: Reduce the complexity of advancing the mission of the Foundation
- Unify: Create and nurture a shared culture of success within the community
- Grow: Increase reputation of Foundation that will grow involvement and influence
Staff Project are work product primarily done by staff that require either 40+hrs of staff time or have a financial obligation of more than $10,000. Active Staff Projects have written plans that include measurable goals, milestones, and should be linked below. Prioritized Staff Projects are in the formation stages and are listed in rank importance. Unprioritized Staff Projects are items that lack a plan and are in a "bucket list" until they get prioritized with a project plan. Note this project list is not the exhaustive list of staff daily work product. These are the key projects above everyday work that is purposefully planned to deliver on 2019 Goals. Generally the process we will use to implement our plans are:
Concept >> Document >> Socialize >> Iterate >> [Approval if needed] >> Plan >> Implement >> Report >> Revisit
- Operating Plan
- Global AppSec Marketing
- Global AppSec DC, September 9-13
- Global AppSec Amsterdam, September 23-27
- AppSec Days Melbourne, 1 November
- Board Elections [Dawn]
- Website Relaunch
- 2019-09-17, 2020 Operating Plan [Mike]
- 2019-11-19, 2020 Budget (with monthly forecast) [Mike]
- Policy and Handbook Reorganization [Dawn]
- Leader Agreement (Project, Chapter, Event)
- 2020 Event Plan [Emily] whiteboard
- SalesForce New Instance > Migration
- SalesForce Invoicing
- SalesForce Sales Pipeline
- Forms Tool Migration [Harold]
- Free-form Payments
- Conference Registration
- Join as Member
- First time
- Renewals whiteboard
- CoMarketing Plan [Lisa] whiteboard
- Invoice Workflow (SalesForce & JIRA)
- Bi-Annual Signatory/Password Audit Jan/June
- Help Wanted Project Service (see https://helpwanted.apache.org/ for concept)
- Staff Summit
- Insurance Audit
- Mailman EOL [Matt]
- PayPal Cleanup [Matt]
- Conference Budget/Itinerary/Project Template
- JIRA Retool [Harold]
- Expand AP with steps and Virtual Close at bank statement
- Contact Us process
- Chapter Formation process
- New Event Registration
- Email .com Migration [Harold]
- Chapter Onboarding [Dawn]
- Global AppSec Tel Aviv, May 26-30
- Technology Plan [Matt] whiteboard
- Corporate Membership Benefits [Kelly]
- Membership Benefits
- Attributed Giving
- BlackHat USA 2019 - August 3-8, 2019 [Lisa]
- DEFCON 27 Plan- August 8-11, 2019 [Lisa]
- Create and share best practices and tools for InfoSec community
- Increase connectedness and engagement within the community.
- Position the Foundation for growth.
- Professionalize administrative and operational tasks and practices.
- Redesign financial model and membership benefits.
Foundation Goals for 2019 - DRAFT
- Optimize business operations to overachieve financial and membership targets.
- Manage three profitable global conferences, planning four in 2020.
- Successfully relaunch website and community toolset by June 1.
- Increase relevance and reputation of OWASP measured by 5% increase in web traffic.
- Improve satisfaction with OWASP by survey measured 5% increase.
- Increase membership by 20% and Corporate Sponsorship revenue by 25%.
Vision: Global and open resource for software security