SpoC 007 - Python Tainted Mode - Progress Page
Revision as of 12:08, 5 November 2007 by Pauloc
Documentation, accomplished objectives and deliveries for OWASP Spring of Code 2007
Accomplished objectives at 1st of November 2007
- [100%] Formalize Tainted Mode paradigm.
- [100%] Add 'tainted' flag field to str and unicode Python types that tracks data taintedness.
- [100%] Provide propagation of 'tainted' flag throughout strings interaction (concatenation, substring, etc.).
- [100%] Add support for logging of Python programms traces. For debug and analysys purposes only.
- [100%] Add support for analysys of callable objects invocation. Callable object is classified as input, filter, critical or other.
- [100%] Add support for analysys of retrieving data from object fields. For example, data from mod_python's mp_request.headers_in["Accept"] should be treated as tainted.
- [100%] Add support for exceptions raising after tainted data is passed into critical callable objects. This would be "Classical Tainted Mode".
- [100%] Add support for logging of tainted arguments passed into critical callable objects. This would be "Tainted Mode with Logging".
- [100%] Perform review of most popular Python frameworks in order to complete configuration profiles that contain signature of input, filter and critical callable objects for each framework.
- [100%] Perform testing and state proposals for future work.