|Join hundreds of InfoSec professionals at our upcoming |
[Global AppSec Amsterdam, September 23-27]
SpoC 007 - OWASP Site Generator
Project Contributors: Abby Levenberg.
Project coordinator: Dinis Cruz and Mike de Libero.
Project Progress: 50% Complete, Progress Page
OWASP Site Generator
OWASP Site Generator is a great tool, but it could be even better and more widespread. There’s a lot room for improvements to both its functionality and user experience. The way I see it, main user needs to be addressed and specific development objectives for the next release of OWASP Site Generator would be the following.
- Create multiple types of sites easily
- Track and analyze requests easily
- Change the look and feel of the resulting sites easily
- Create sites for multiple web backend technologies easily
- Learn how to use OWASP Site Generator easily
- Create a vulnerability library that can be used for web services, HTML forms, AJAX, etc. instead of having to craft the same attack for each
- Add support for logging of all received requests, as well as querying resulting log files
- "Templatize" the code generation process, so it can support skinning of the resulting sites
- "Templatize" the code generation process, so it can support different backend web technologies
- Fix all significant defects in the current release of OWASP Site Generator
- Redesign the GUI to make it more efficient and user friendly
- Create a smooth setup program which would install both client and server components as effortlessly as possible
- Write documentation and articles about it
- Make the development process open to the public and, hopefully, driven by its feedback from day one