SpoC 007 - OWASP LiveCD Education Project - Progress Page
The OWASP LiveCD Education Project is intended to be a educational supplement to the LabRat LiveCD. The Education Project goal is to provide comprehensive and relevant guilds and tutorials detailing the use of tools contained within LabRat through the use of written tutorials and accompanying videos.
- OWASP - LabRat Up and Running on Hard Disk PDF HTML
- Guide to installing OWASP LabRat to your hard disk.
- OWASP - WebGoat Introduction to XSS PDF HTML
- Introduction and working examples of XSS using WebGoat in LabRat.
- OWASP - Building Your Own LabRat ISO PDF HTML
- Guide to building your own custom LabRat ISO distribution.
The OWASP LiveCD Education Project sponsor:
Feedback and Participation
It is our hope that the OWASP LiveCD Education Project will be of valuable contribution to LabRat and a important source of educational resources for the security community. Please contribute to the project by volunteering to write additional material, sending your comments, questions, and suggestions to email@example.com.
Original Project Brief
I am proposing a new project that will educate current OWASP LiveCD users and assist in generating more LiveCD users. The education will be conducted by creating documentation and media using popular tutorial techniques such as Challenges, text tutorials, and video tutorials. The tutorials will help guide all types of users through using the OWASP LiveCD and its tools. After the completion of this project we propose that all of the media be added to the LiveCD so that users have a single all encompassing package to expand their knowledge of application security. This project will effectively bring together documentation for many OWASP projects into one deliverable that can be used at conferences, trade shows, and by educators. The key to promoting a live security distribution is helping the community learn to love every aspect of it. Objective
The objective is to produce multiple quality instructor led video tutorials and text tutorials that educate users on using the LiveCD and tools within. This will also include in assisting to make sure that the LiveCD is not only an array of tools but a powerful medium for education.
- 5 Full screen video tutorials on using the LiveCD and the OWASP tools on it.
- 5 Text tutorials using the LiveCD and the OWASP tools on it.
- 3 Guided challenge scenarios that help a user learn more about the LiveCD.
- A Morphix module with all educational data included to be added to the LiveCD.
Each deliverable will be OWASP branded so that any distribution ( With OWASP approval )of the material will help bring in new OWASP users.