OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
Local News : Next event 15th Feb
2/15/2007 @ 6PM PST - Seattle chapter meeting
Location: Bellevue Las Margaritas (http://www.lasmargaritasbellevue.com/)
Time: 6 o’clock.
- Dinis Cruz (Chief OWASP Evangelist) - Directly from London, Dinis will be doing two presentations at this event:
- Buffer Overflows on .Net and Asp.Net - One of the common myths about the .Net Framework is that it is immune to Buffer Overflows. Although this might be correct in pure managed and verifiable .Net code, large percentage of .Net and Asp.Net applications code is unmanaged code. In this talk Dinis will show the areas in .Net and Asp.Net applications that are vulnerable to Buffer Overflows (including the demo of a .Net Buffer Overflow Fuzzer).
- OWASP, the Open Web Application Security Project - The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is an open community dedicated to enabling organizations to develop, purchase, and maintain applications that can be trusted. All of the OWASP tools, documents, blogs, and chapters are free and open to anyone interested in improving application security. In this presentation Dinis will show the latest guides and tools from OWASP which should be part of every company's security efforts.
- Brad Hill (From iSEC Partners), will be speaking on
- WS-* Standards used in Web Services security
1/8/2007 @ 6 o'clock - Seattle chapter meeting.
Details: Location: Bellevue Las Margaritas (http://www.lasmargaritasbellevue.com/) Time: 6 o’clock.
Ward Spagenberg of IOActive on the topic "Unraveling PCI".
Since there will be free food, beer and pop please let Mike de Libero know so we know how much to order. We look forward to seeing you all there!