OWASP Global Projects Division: Volunteer Opportunities
The OWASP Foundation is currently recruiting a hand full of volunteers that can assist with project administration and project support duties. This is an excellent opportunity to work with InfoSec based projects on a global scale, whilst working in a supportive environment where training is readily available for your duties. Please look at the opportunities below, and apply by submitting your CV and a short 250 word paragraph outlining your interest in the role. Please submit your application by e-mailing email@example.com. A member of the OpsTeam will respond within 5 days after reviewing your application.
Part-Time Project Support Volunteer
The OWASP Foundation is currently recruiting a Part-Time Project Support Volunteer that can assist with project administration duties for one of our Flagship Projects. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a high profile OWASP project, whilst working in a supportive environment where training is readily available for your duties. The Project Support Volunteer should be able to contribute at least 5 hours a week to this project, and have the following skills and experience:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Competent user of Google Docs, and Wiki Page editing.
- A basic understanding of project administration methodologies. (Don't worry, I can teach you)
- Good Interpersonal and team player skills.
- Good drafting skills such as minute taking.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good numerical skills to manage small project budget account.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload and time effectively.
- Be able to respond well to changing priorities when required.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Keep all project documentation up-to-date, and take meeting minutes.
- Write and communicate new developments and announcements to relevant stakeholders.
- Keep track of project expenses and budget.
- Update the project wiki page on a weekly basis with relevant/up-to-date information.
- Monitor project mailing list activity, and make sure all queries are managed.
- Develop and submit monthly progress reports to the OWASP Project Manager.
- Contribute at least 5 hours a week to project administration duties.
The application deadline for this role is December 28, 2012. If you are interested in the Part-Time Project Support Volunteer role, please e-mail your resumé, and a short paragraph outlining your interest in the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the OpsTeam will get back to you after we have reviewed your application in full. Thank you for your interest in this role.