Difference between revisions of "Projects/Reports/2013-28-06"
(Created page with "__TOC__ = OWASP Global Projects Report = *'''[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllOCxlYdf1AdHBGbDhXQko4akJoVnMtMUpvZnJucVE&usp=sharing Project Numbers]''' **Activ...")
Revision as of 14:57, 28 June 2013
OWASP Global Projects Report
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 159
- Inactive Projects: 67
- Project Applications
- Unmaskme Project
- Projects Under Review
Currently Working On
- OWASP Project Summit: AppSec USA 2013
- Planning continues for the project event modules for AppSec USA 2013.
- I continue to work with our Project Summit participants to help plan the logistics for their participation.
- I had to cancel our Project Summit meeting due to scheduling conflicts.
- However, I created a mailing list, and added all participating Leaders to the list.
- I sent out an announcement e-mail with instructions on next steps along with action items for each project team.
- Fabio Cerullo, Martin Knobloch, and I will be providing Scrum Master support during the Project Summit.
- We are still in the process of planning logistics for these roles.
- I am still working on the Project Leader Workshop materials.
- I will continue to provide support to the local event planning team for AppSec EU, as needed.
- Women in Security: AppSec USA 2013
- The team has now finalized the copy for our sponsorship document, and our AppSec USA designer has sent us back a branded flyer.
- Women in Security Sponsorship Document: AppSec USA 2013
- The plan is to reach out to different organizations for sponsorship.
- We have also asked our program volunteers to seek funding internally.
- You can find more information on the AppSec USA website.
- The total amount we are requesting is $6,000.00 to cover conference fee, training fee, travel and accommodation for both winners.
- We are working hard to make this a possibility for our 2 potential winners.
- Technical Project Advisory Roles
- I am at the second stage of the interview process for each candidate.
- I have created job descriptions for each role, and I had those roles posted for over a month.
- I had a good amount of candidates apply for each role.
- I have sent out e-mails asking each candidate to answer 3 questions regarding their interest in these roles.
- 10 candidates responded to these questions.
- I went ahead and scheduled interviews with 7 candidates for this week, and I have 2 more interviews scheduled for the week of the 24th.
- I interviewed 7 candidates this week.
- Marketing Phase 3 Update
- We are at the final stages of our copywriting work with Sisterworks Publishing.
- Design Foundry has now started designing their first drafts of our remaining marketing collateral.
- We will work with both companies to finalize these designs for community review.
- We will ask for community feedback once we get a more finalized version of each design.
- Phase 1 Deliverable
- Phase 2 Deliverable
- SEO Content Audit
- Note: Phase 2 Deliverable has recommendations made by Sisterworks and Design Foundry based on their research.
- We are not necessarily moving forward with these recommendations towards implementation.
- Sisterworks and Design Foundry are helping with our brand consistency and collateral design.
- How to Host a Project Event Module Page
- I have started putting together a project page dedicated to the different event modules/activities we offer at our AppSec Conferences.
- The page is meant to be an informative piece that gives conference and event planners some basic guidelines.
- Currently, the structure and the outline of the page are complete.
- I still have to finish writing the copy for each section.
- I hope to have this complete by the end of June.
- Personal Development
- I have finished reading Board Member Orientation: The Concise and Complete Guide to Non-Profit Board Service by Michael E. Batts.
- I am still taking my online course from Coursera.
- The course topic is Information Security and Risk Management in Context.
- Additionally, I am going to take a week long course next week in the UK.
- The course topic is Intellectual Property Strategy.
- I will write a report on my learnings for the community after the course ends.
- I will be away from Monday, June 17th - Saturday, June 22nd 2013.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- Marketing questions.
- Grant funding questions.
- OWASP Social Media Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Amount: $25,000 USD
- Status: Awarded. The first payment has been allocated to our project budgets.
- OWASP Development Guide Plan
- OWASP Testing Guide Plan
- OWASP Code Review Guide Plan
- Amount: $25,000 USD
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- Amount: $30,000 USD
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,000 USD in Adwords Funds
- Status: Awarded. We continue to test different solutions to increase our engagement using this grant award. Currently, we are testing on the AppSec USA 2013 conference website.
- Note: There is no link to show the proposal for this grant. There was a form that was submitted to Google, and we did not receive a record of this form.
- European Commission Grant Proposal
- Amount: €250,000
- Status: This proposal has been completed and submitted.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 USD for 2013.