Difference between revisions of "Projects/Reports/2013-10-05"
(Created page with "__TOC__ = OWASP Global Projects Report = *'''[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllOCxlYdf1AdHBGbDhXQko4akJoVnMtMUpvZnJucVE&usp=sharing Project Numbers]''' **Activ...")
Revision as of 17:15, 10 May 2013
OWASP Global Projects Report
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 149
- Inactive Projects: 67
- New OWASP Projects
- Project Applications
- OWASP WS-Amplification DoS Project
- OWASP Mutillidae 2 (Codename: NOWASP) Project
- OWASP Skanda - SSRF Exploitation Framework Project
- Projects Under Review
Currently Working On
- OWASP Projects at AppSec USA
- I received the go-ahead to start planning the project event modules for AppSec USA.
- The local event planning team decided to have the Project Leader Workshop and the OWASP Projects Summit.
- The Project Leader Workshop is a three hour event module that brings together current and potential OWASP project leaders to discuss project related issues and topics.
- The OWASP Project Summit is a smaller version of the much larger OWASP Summits. This event module gives our project leaders the opportunity to showcase their project progress, and have attendees sit down and work on project tasks during the event.
- I will start preparations for these two modules next week.
- Determining Active Project Status
- This is a status update on this initiative.
- I am reaching out to each leader individually to confirm these pieces of data for all 149 projects.
- Flagship projects are completed.
- Labs are in the second phase of outreach and confirmation.
- Outreach and confirmation for Incubator projects are scheduled to start on Monday, May 19th.
- European Commission Grant Opportunity: Proposal Status
- Seba and I have been working on an European Commission grant opportunity.
- The grant opportunity has the potential to help a hand full of projects with resources and funds.
- Seba and I are putting together a proposal for the board of directors.
- We would like to move forward with this initiative, but require board approval before we can commit.
- I have scheduled a call for all those interested in participating on Tuesday, May 7th at 8:30pm CET.
- To join the meeting: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/530902214
- Technical Project Advisors: Status Update on Recruitment
- I continue to recruit for the Technical Project Advisor volunteer roles.
- My goal is to start interviewing for the six positions by the end of May.
- I will continue to reach out to the community for applicants and to determine interest.
- The advisors will be responsible for developing project review criteria, and for the project reviews process.
- Personal Development
- This quarter, Q2, I am focusing on increasing my Information Security knowledge and understanding.
- To do this, I am taking a 7 week course on Information Security and Risk Management in Context.
- The course is made available through Coursera.
- I am currently in week 5 of the course.
- Additionally, I have finished reading: The Ultimate Board Member's Book by Kay Sprinkel Grace.
- The staff were encourage to read this by the board so we can all be on the same page.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- Marketing questions.
- Grant funding questions.
- OWASP Social Media Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The first payment has been allocated to our project budgets.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: We now have a better idea of the initiatives and tasks we must undertake to better leverage this award. We will discuss possible solutions during our Mid-Term (6-12 month) marketing planning.
- LSEC Web Attack Proposal
- Amount: TBD (Will be in Euros)
- Status: This proposal is currently being put together by a grant partner. We are still in the process of writing the proposal to the board and working out logistics.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.