Difference between revisions of "Projects/Reports/2013-09-08"
(Created page with "__TOC__ = OWASP Global Projects Report = *'''[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllOCxlYdf1AdHBGbDhXQko4akJoVnMtMUpvZnJucVE&usp=sharing Project Numbers]''' **Activ...")
Revision as of 16:49, 9 August 2013
OWASP Global Projects Report
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 168
- Inactive Projects: 67
- New OWASP Projects
- Project Applications
- SecLists Project
- Projects Under Review
Currently Working On
- Determining Active Project Status
- This is a status update on this initiative.
- I have completed the first round of requests for all Flagship, Labs, and Incubator projects.
- I am now going through the list, and e-mailing the non-responsive Leaders once again.
- I have gone ahead and re-sent my request for a 3rd time to un-responsive Labs Project Leaders.
- The deadline to reply back to my request was today, Friday, 26th of July.
- Those Leaders who did not respond to my e-mails will now have their projects archived.
- The same process will be used for the un-responsive Leaders of Incubator projects.
- Grants & Fundraising Intern
- I have put together role and qualification criteria for the Fundraising Internship Opportunity.
- The internship opportunity was made live on Monday of this week.
- There has been one applicant for the position, so far.
- I hope to get more applications in the coming weeks.
- Grants & Fundraising Internship
- I am looking for a student or recent graduate to help with grant research, writing, and volunteer coordination.
- Project Summit: AppSec USA 2013
- I continue to plan the logistics for the project summit taking place at AppSec USA this year.
- I continue to gather estimates, flight, and roadmap details from Leaders.
- I am now closer to finalizing the travel arrangements for each project leader.
- Moreover, we are in the process of organizing the schedule of project talks for the conference days.
- Women in AppSec: AppSec USA 2013
- The team has now completed their fundraising activities.
- We are happy to report that we have now raised $6,000.00 for the program.
- The OWASP MSP Chapter kindly donated the remaining funds needed to reach our goal for the program this year.
- The call for entries is now live, as well.
- Women in AppSec Application Form.
- The application deadline is Monday, September 09, 2013 at 5pm GMT.
- OWASP Marketing
- I continue to work with Design Foundry and the OWASP Ops Team to finalize Phase 3 of our Marketing Project.
- We are in the final stages of development and design.
- Patrick, Design Foundry's graphic designer, is working hard to get our work completed.
- We hope to have all of our designs finalized by mid-August.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donation questions.
- Marketing questions.
- Grant funding questions.
- OWASP social media updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- OWASP OpenSAMM Grant Proposal
- Amount: TBD
- Status: This proposal is still in the planning and writing phase.
- Amount: $25,000 USD
- Status: Awarded. The first payment has been allocated to our project budgets. The second invoice has now been sent to Georgia Tech for payment.
- OWASP Development Guide Plan
- OWASP Testing Guide Plan
- OWASP Code Review Guide Plan
- Amount: $25,000 USD
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- Amount: $30,000 USD
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,000 USD in Adwords Funds
- Status: Awarded.
- Note: There is no link to show the proposal for this grant. There was a form that was submitted to Google, and we did not receive a record of this form.
- European Commission Grant Proposal
- Amount: €250,000
- Status: This proposal has been completed and submitted.
- Google Summer of Code
- Amount: $5,500.00
- Status: Awarded
- Projects breakdown:
- 4 ZAP Projects: $2,000.00
- 4 OWTF Projects: $2,000.00
- 1 PHP Security Project: $500
- 1 Hackademics Project: $500
- 1 Modsecurity Project: $500
- Note: Big thank you to Fabio Cerullo for coordinating and managing this award.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $150,500 USD for 2013.