Difference between revisions of "Projects/Reports/2013-05-07"
(Created page with "__TOC__ = OWASP Global Projects Report = *'''[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllOCxlYdf1AdHBGbDhXQko4akJoVnMtMUpvZnJucVE&usp=sharing Project Numbers]''' **Activ...")
Revision as of 16:25, 4 July 2013
OWASP Global Projects Report
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 161
- Inactive Projects: 67
- New OWASP Projects
- Project Applications
- File Format Validation
- Projects Under Review
Currently Working On
- Projects at Conferences
- AppSec USA: I continue to plan logistics for the Project Leader Workshop, and the Project Summits.
- AppSec EU: The OWASP Projects Track and the Open Source Showcase (OSS) are scheduled to take place at AppSec EU. The local AppSec EU team is working towards gathering submissions for the OSS.
- AppSec LATAM: Now that AppSec LATAM is moving forward, I will reach out to the local event planners and discuss the possibility of having Projects at the conference.
- AppSec APAC 2014: I briefly spoke to the local event planning team in Tokyo this week about our different Project Event Modules. I will send them more detailed information on each module so we can discuss further.
- Women in Security: AppSec USA 2013
- The team is now in the fundraising stage.
- Women in Security Sponsorship Document: AppSec USA 2013
- We have reached out to several organizations to seek sponsorship for this program.
- You can find more information on the AppSec USA website.
- The total amount we are requesting is $6,000.00 to cover conference fee, training fee, travel and accommodation for both winners.
- We have not gotten any sponsorship funding as of yet, but we continue to work hard towards bringing this initiative to AppSec USA 2013.
- Technical Project Advisory Roles
- I am on the final stage of the selection process for each candidate.
- I created job descriptions for each role, and I had those roles posted for over a month.
- I had a good amount of candidates apply for each role.
- This week, I finished interviewing 10 candidates for the 6 advisory roles, and I have chosen the candidates for each role.
- I will send letters next week informing the successful and unsuccessful candidates about my decisions.
- Marketing Phase 3 Update
- Sisterworks Publishing has finalized their copywriting work, and they have sent their materials to the graphic design studio.
- Design Foundry has now started designing their first drafts of our remaining marketing collateral.
- The OWASP Team is currently working on a system that will allow community review of the design work.
- We will ask for community feedback once we get a more finalized version of each design.
- Phase 1 Deliverable
- Phase 2 Deliverable
- SEO Content Audit
- Note: Phase 2 Deliverable has recommendations made by Sisterworks and Design Foundry based on their research.
- We are not necessarily moving forward with these recommendations towards implementation.
- Sisterworks and Design Foundry are helping with our brand consistency and collateral design.
- Event Manager Interviews
- The OWASP Team is currently reviewing resumés, and interviewing candidates for the Event Manager role.
- We are working together to tackle the 80+ applications we received for this position.
- The team has a few more interviews to manage before we make our final selection.
- We plan to have a new candidate in this role by mid July.
- Personal Development
- I was able to take a week long, personal development course last week in the UK.
- The program topic was Intellectual Property (IP) Strategy, and the material focused on the development and management of international IP systems for micro, SME, and multinational enterprises.
- The course material was eye opening, and I truly enjoyed the experience.
- My primary objective was to become familiar with the different types of IP options that exist on an international level.
- I felt it would help me manage this aspect of our OWASP Projects since most of the material created is IP related even if it is under a Commons license.
- Intellectual Property Strategy Report.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- Marketing questions.
- Grant funding questions.
- OWASP Social Media Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Amount: $25,000 USD
- Status: Awarded. The first payment has been allocated to our project budgets.
- OWASP Development Guide Plan
- OWASP Testing Guide Plan
- OWASP Code Review Guide Plan
- Amount: $25,000 USD
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- Amount: $30,000 USD
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,000 USD in Adwords Funds
- Status: Awarded.
- Note: There is no link to show the proposal for this grant. There was a form that was submitted to Google, and we did not receive a record of this form.
- European Commission Grant Proposal
- Amount: €250,000
- Status: This proposal has been completed and submitted.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 USD for 2013.