Revision as of 14:09, 3 May 2013 by Samantha Groves
OWASP Global Projects Report
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 149
- Inactive Projects: 67
- New OWASP Projects
- Project Applications
- OWASP WS-Amplification DoS Project
- OWASP Mutillidae 2 (Codename: NOWASP) Project
- OWASP Skanda - SSRF Exploitation Framework Project
- Projects Under Review
Currently Working On
- OWASP Projects at AppSec USA
- I received the go-ahead to start planning the project event modules for AppSec USA.
- The local event planning team decided to have the Project Leader Workshop and the OWASP Projects Summit.
- The Project Leader Workshop is a three hour event module that brings together current and potential OWASP project leaders to discuss project related issues and topics.
- The OWASP Project Summit is a smaller version of the much larger OWASP Summits. This event module gives our project leaders the opportunity to showcase their project progress, and have attendees sit down and work on project tasks during the event.
- I will start preparations for these two modules next week.
- Determining Active Project Status
- This is a status update on this initiative.
- I am reaching out to each leader individually to confirm these two key pieces of data for all 148 projects.
- Flagship projects are completed.
- Labs are in the second phase of outreach and confirmation.
- Outreach and confirmation for Incubator projects are scheduled to start on Monday, May 19th.
- European Commission Grant Opportunity: Proposal Status
- Technical Project Advisors: Status Update on Recruitment
- Currently there is $44,654.26 due to projects.
- Many projects have a very small budget.
- In addition, some projects have funds that they have not spent in years.
- Projects that are more active in completing their roadmaps, and moving forward with their milestones, can benefit more from these stagnant funds.
- A project bounty initiative is proposed as well. It aims to help project leaders find talent and reward dedicated contributors.
- This proposal aims to facilitate the spending of these stagnant funds, and assist project leaders with talent acquisition for their projects and rewards.
- Personal Development
- I am always looking for different ways of improving my skills so I have developed a list of personal development activities I wish to undertake for the year.
- I have each activity separated into quarters.
- This quarter, Q2, I am focusing on increasing my Information Security knowledge and understanding.
- To do this, I am taking a 7 week course on Information Security and Risk Management in Context.
- The course is made available through Coursera.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- Marketing questions.
- Grant funding questions.
- OWASP Social Media Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The first payment has been allocated to our project budgets.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: We now have a better idea of the initiatives and tasks we must undertake to better leverage this award. We will discuss possible solutions during our Mid-Term (6-12 month) marketing planning.
- LSEC Web Attack Proposal
- Amount: TBD (Will be in Euros)
- Status: This proposal is currently being put together by a grant partner. We are still in the process of writing the proposal and working out logistics.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.