Difference between revisions of "Projects/Reports/2013-03-05"
(Created page with "__TOC__ = OWASP Global Projects Report = *'''[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllOCxlYdf1AdHBGbDhXQko4akJoVnMtMUpvZnJucVE&usp=sharing Project Numbers]''' **Activ...")
Revision as of 10:39, 3 May 2013
OWASP Global Projects Report
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 148
- Inactive Projects: 67
- New OWASP Projects
- Project Applications
- OWASP Scytale Project
- OWASP iMAS - iOS Mobile Application Security
- OWASP Testdemo
- Projects Under Review
Currently Working On
- OWASP Projects at AppSec USA
- I worked with Sisterworks Publishing this week on organizing a webinar for our community.
- They were meant to present their Phase 2 recommendations to us on Thursday during a live webinar.
- Unfortunately, the presenters were not able to make it during the regular time.
- I stepped in and presented their recommendations to the community.
- Webinar Video: Thank you to Kate for recording and uploading the video.
- Sisterworks Publishing recommendations to OWASP.
- Determining Active Project Status
- All existing project meta data has been entered into SalesForce.
- There are still quite a few challenges with managing all of this data.
- I've determined that we must first confirm that our Active projects are indeed Active, and that the named project leader is accurate as well.
- I am reaching out to each leader individually to confirm these two key pieces of data for all 148 projects.
- European Commission Grant Opportunity: Proposal Status
- I have put together several communications pieces, instructions, forms, and scheduled deadlines for the AppSec EU Open Source Showcase (OSS).
- As mentioned in my previous report, the local event organizers are already trying to allocate presenters for the OWASP Projects Track (OPT).
- I don't anticipate needing to have a call for entries for the OPT, but I am prepared if we find we need to.
- Projects at AppSec EU Document.
- AppSec EU OSS Call for Entries.
- Technical Project Advisors: Status Update on Recruitment
- Currently there is $44,654.26 due to projects.
- Many projects have a very small budget.
- In addition, some projects have funds that they have not spent in years.
- Projects that are more active in completing their roadmaps, and moving forward with their milestones, can benefit more from these stagnant funds.
- A project bounty initiative is proposed as well. It aims to help project leaders find talent and reward dedicated contributors.
- This proposal aims to facilitate the spending of these stagnant funds, and assist project leaders with talent acquisition for their projects and rewards.
- Personal Development
- I am always looking for different ways of improving my skills so I have developed a list of personal development activities I wish to undertake for the year.
- I have each activity separated into quarters.
- This quarter, Q2, I am focusing on increasing my Information Security knowledge and understanding.
- To do this, I am taking a 7 week course on Information Security and Risk Management in Context.
- The course is made available through Coursera.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- Marketing questions.
- Grant funding questions.
- OWASP Social Media Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The first payment has been allocated to our project budgets.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: We now have a better idea of the initiatives and tasks we must undertake to better leverage this award. We will discuss possible solutions during our Mid-Term (6-12 month) marketing planning.
- LSEC Web Attack Proposal
- Amount: TBD (Will be in Euros)
- Status: This proposal is currently being put together by a grant partner. We are still in the process of writing the proposal and working out logistics.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.