Projects/OWASP Proactive Controls/Roadmap
Welcome to the OWASP Top 10 Proactive Controls Project! This project is the comprehensive reference for all OWASP projects and application security in general. All of the materials here are free and open source.
- We are currently seeking volunteers who will help developing stub/empty articles listed bellow and bring it up to a production level of quality. Join us now to take part in this historic effort, just drop a line to Jim Manico!
What's In It?
Top 10 Proactive Controls Backlog
- Security Architecture (including incorporating agile ideas)
- Use a (more) secure development frameworks and leverage enterprise frameworks (UAG, etc)
- Input validation
- Output Encoding
- Identity: Authentication and Session Management
- Access Control (service / controller, data, URL, function / CSRF, presentation, etc)
- Data Protection (Data at rest, including in cloud)
- Audit, Logging and Error Handling
- Secure Configuration
- Secure Communications (Data in transit)
What's It For?
Why This Approach?
How Is It Maintained?
- Agile creation - regular releases, time boxed, no heavy weight (e.g. 1.0 2.0) releases
Feedback and Participation:
We hope you find the OWASP TODO: OWASP Top 10 Defenses Project useful. Please contribute to the Project by volunteering for one of the tasks, sending your comments, questions, and suggestions to email@example.com. To join the OWASP TODO: OWASP Top 10 Defences Project mailing list or view the archives, please visit the subscription page.