Projects/Internships/Weekly Report 06 13 2014
Revision as of 22:59, 14 June 2014 by Kait Disney-Leugers
Currently Working On
- Social Media for AppSec EU:
- Continuing to generate more tweets and Facebook posts about the conference. Tweets start at 10am GMT.
- This week I did a Facebook post announcing the winner of the Women in AppSec program for AppSec EU.
- I have really enjoyed working on HootsSuite, it really is an invaluable tool.
- New Projects:
- This week I added several new projects to the OWASP wiki. I am also handling the cases in SalesForce and creating new accounts for them.
- I will be putting the new projects in the next Connector.
- Contract Work:
- From now on I will be doing some contract work for OWASP, helping Kelly with sponsorship stuff.
- For now, Kelly has me working on the social media deliverables for OWASP contracts. I'm really looking forward to this work.
- Women in AppSec:
- Since this week we announced the winner of the Women in AppSec program for AppSec Eu, I have started to look ahead to AppSec USA. With Samantha's departure, there is no one really spearheading the program. I reached out to Mark Majors to see if the Women in AppSec program was still on for AppSec USA, as I have already created several documents, including the application form for the conference.
- While my worry is that the Women in AppSec program won't continue, I have offered to Mark to do anything I can to ensure the Women in AppSec program still happens at AppSec USA. It is my opinion that the program is invaluable and as it was the first major project I worked on within OWASP, I'm rather attached to it. I would greatly like to see the program continue and I am prepared to help ensure that it does.
- This week has been a transition week. I will now be reporting to Sarah and we will be meeting twice a week. With my contract work and a more expansive work load in my internship, the roles I have at OWASP will be expanding to cover the gap. The focus of my internship will most likely change as I finish the last week.
- I feel like I'm really getting the hang of SalesForce, it's pretty awesome.