Projects/Internships/Weekly Report 01 03 2014
Revision as of 13:54, 3 January 2014 by Kait Disney-Leugers
Grants and Fundraising Intern Weekly Report
Currently Working On
- Gantt Chart:
- Over the course of the holiday hiatus, I worked on creating the gantt chart for the budget I created a few weeks ago.
- After experiencing some template issues, I created a new gantt chart from scratch and added in my budget information.
- Assignment complete
- Veterans Program Proposal and Grant:
- A few weeks ago I was assigned to write the first draft of a grant proposal for a new program OWASP would be starting. The program was not fully developed so the grant writing didn't get very far. Over the holiday break I was asked to come up with an idea for a program that would fit the grant proposal.
- I came up with a few ideas which for now will be refined into something that could actually be manageable. Kate Hartmann will have final say on the program and from there I will write the first draft of the grant proposal.
- Proposals are due in February, so this will most likely be my last project as the official intern.
- Assignment on-going
- Sometimes it is just easier to create something from scratch rather than to load a template from an incompatible file.
- Putting too much pressure on myself to come up with the perfect program idea only led to me blacking on ideas. When I relaxed and thought about what would work best with OWASP and for participants coming into the OWASP community, it just clicked.
- Wow, it's a new year. Happy 2014! But that also means the end of my term as the intern is soon coming to an end. I was not prepared for how fast the end is coming.
- I'll be at AppSec California January 27-28 making sure my other half gets to his talk. Track me down and say hi!