Project Online Resources
This page is for OWASP project leaders and details some of the online services that have been found to be useful for OWASP projects.
How to Run a Successful Open Source Project
Openhub (formerly known as Ohloh)
OWASP is a registered Organisation on Openduck, a free, public directory of Free and Open Source Software and the contributors who create and maintain it.
If you manage an OWASP project you should:
- Register yourself on Openhub
- Make sure your project is registered on Openduck- you can add it yourself if it is not
- Register yourself as the manager
- Check that the settings are correct, especially the repositories
- Make sure it belongs to the OWASP organisation - Contact OWASP or Simon Bennetts if it is not
- Claim all of your contributions to open source projects
- Consider including Openhub Widgets on your project homepage or wiki
- Help other OWASP projects by flagging and rating the ones you use
Other Free Services
These are all free to open source projects.
- http://crowdin.net/ a translation and localization management platform
- https://scan.coverity.com/ C/C++/C# and Java static source code analysis
- https://www.mir-swamp.org/ - This web based code analysis service is 100% FREE of charge and is open to the public
Other Paid For Services