Difference between revisions of "Podcast 61"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''[[OWASP_Podcast|OWASP Podcast Series]] #
'''[[OWASP_Podcast|OWASP Podcast Series]] #'''
OWASP Interview with
OWASP Interview with <br/>
Published , 2010<br/>
[http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=300769012 http://www.owasp.org/download/jmanico/itunes.jpg] [http://www.owasp.org/download/jmanico/podcast.xml https://www.owasp.org/images/d/d3/Feed-icon-32x32.png]
[http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=300769012 http://www.owasp.org/download/jmanico/itunes.jpg] [http://www.owasp.org/download/jmanico/podcast.xml https://www.owasp.org/images/d/d3/Feed-icon-32x32.png][http://www.owasp.org/download/jmanico/owasp_podcast_61.mp3 mp3]
Latest revision as of 07:52, 10 March 2010
OWASP Interview with Richard Bejtlich
Published March 10, 2010
- Richard Bejtlich is the director of incident response at GE. He is also the author of http://taosecurity.blogspot.com
- Would you care to tell us how did you get into IT and what lead you into a career in information security? What keeps you busy these days?
- What's the difference between focusing on threats vs focusing on vulnerabilities?
- What is your problem with the "protect the data" mindset?
- What do you mean by "building visibility in"?
- What is your take on the Aurora/Google hack?
- You just tweeted that "Network Security Monitoring ideology is the proper mechanism to combat APT/APA". Do you think network IPS/IDS/WAF can help defend insecure web applications? What are the limits of Network Security Monitoring?
- How important a role do you think secure coding and secure software development life-cycle play in defending the enterprise?
- Have HIPAA, PCI, SOX and other regulations helped reduce risk in the average enterprise?
- Is seems pretty clear that attackers have a clear advantage. Why is that? How can we turn the tide?
- Any thoughts on OWASP? Are we helping the cause?
- Where are we going to be as an industry in 10 years?
- You blogged that "The trustworthiness of a digital asset is limited by the owner's capability to detect incidents compromising the integrity of that asset." Given that we don't have any high integrity database, identities or application servers - how do you detect a breach of integrity when there is no verifiable integrity in the system in the first place?