OWASP Perth, Western Australia
Welcome to the Perth, Western Australia chapter homepage. The chapter leaders are:
Click here to join the local chapter mailing list.
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
Previous OWASP Meetings
Web-based Malware (Sep 2009)
About the presenter
Shlomi Cohen joined IBM with the Watchfire acquisition at August 2007. Over nine years of experience in web application security in both start-ups and established companies. Emphasis in strategic selling, sales consulting, technical sales and management.
- Leading the Security solution on the WW Rational Tiger sales team
- Work with the customers and the local sales team to form the right security solution
- Development of sale process for multiple products
- Working closely with customers and the product management team in driving the products roadmaps
- Assisting IBM’s growth in acquisition portfolio
Previous to the WW Rational Security Solution leader:
- Managing the technical sales team for Watchfire in the Americas group of IBM
- Watchfire Security Research team manager - A team responsible for various web application security aspects including web application vulnerability research, security product rule updates, enhanced security feature definition, security audits, customer support, marketing and sales assistance
- AppShield Development Manager - Managed the development and QA teams for the AppShield product - a client Server Web Application Firewall
Threat Modelling in the Software Development Lifecycle (Feb 2009)
One of the most important concepts being promoted in the security industry is security in the software development lifecycle. This concept is important due to two primary factors:
- It is generally recognised that by shifting security activities closer towards the requirements gathering stage, or the design stage, that less vulnerabilities will make their way into the production systems.
- It is also recognised that the cost of mitigating vulnerabilities increases later in the lifecycle.
By walking through a case study I hope to demonstrate the effectiveness of addressing risk during the earlier stage of the software development lifecycle, and that these activities are not solely the responsibility of the "security guy", but all participants in a software project including the project manager, business stakeholders and software designer.
About the presenter
Christian Frichot is currently employed by Bankwest working within the Security Consulting Services team. His core responsibilities include phishing and online fraud response, security assessments, information risk assessments and other ad-hoc information security consulting. Christian hopes to spend more time in '09 focusing on education and application security, where he feels more effort needs to be applied.
-Updated 7/9/09 by Christian Frichot