This page should collect together any resources relating to Perl and OWASP or security in general.
It is perhaps odd that this page is so new:
- Perl has long been an open source language and often associated with the internet.
- It offers what seems to be a much under-used method of combating many sorts of exploit namely taint mode. This forces every "input" to the program to be checked for malign influences before it is allowed to effect the "outside" of the program.
Possible perl OWASP projects
- Perl ports of multi-language OWASP projects, for example AntiSamy.
- Review of CPAN modules according to OWASP standards, for example CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication.
- A perl module to measure the strength of passwords.
Authentication modules will often be framework specific so let's list those.
|| The same module also covers authorization via the concept of realms.
||Catalyst seems to have issues with taint mode.|
||Not a very coherent framework, multiple authors|
A lot of generic authentication modules can be found on CPAN.
I am not aware of anything generic.
Anything similar to AntiSamy should go here.