OWASP Project Manager Role
The previous OWASP project manager (Paulo Coimbra), was active from July 2007 until August 2011. We are now searching for a new OWASP project manager.
The main responsability of the OWASP project manager is to support the OWASP project leaders (volunteers) in starting and running their Projects.
The OWASP project manager will report to the OWASP operations director and work closely together with the Global Projects Committee.
- operational follow-up of all OWASP project related questions
- assist with setting up new project wiki templates
- address queries from project leaders and channel these queries to the appropriate person(s).
- supply metrics on project activities and requirements
- assist with setting up new projects
- create and maintain an OWASP Projects Handbook for new and existing OWASP project leaders
- set up, maintain and facilitate the OWASP projects review proces
- set up and maintain an OWASP projects dashboard with health metrics
- promote and support the i18n of OWASP projects
- the candidate should be familiar with the OWASP projects (desired)
- the candidate has at least 5 years experience in setting up or running open source projects him/herself
- the candidate should have excellent presentation, verbal and writing communication skills in - at least - English. Active or passive knowledge of other languages would be great.
- the candidate should be patient and sensitive towards cross-cultural communications.
- the candidate should have experience with managing global and remote teams
- the candidate should be able to work with Google applications, Salesforce, Office and MediaWiki (required). Familiarity with MediaWiki templates in particular will be required for execution of duties.
- the candidate is a driven, self-motivated person with a determination to achieve OWASP focused objectives/goals.
- the candidate is a team player with high integrity, confidence and maturity.
- having a project manager certification (e.g. PMP or Prince2) is a plus, not mandatory
This is an international position and will require limited travel to OWASP conferences and summits. The majority of the work can be performed remotely. OWASP will not provide relocation costs. This position is open in the US as employee or contractor. If you live outside the US, we prefer to hire you as contractor.
- OWASP Leaders review, input and discussion by Friday 25-May
- Call for candidates by 15-June
- Selection shortlist & interviews by 6-July
We aim to announce the new project manager on AppSec Research on 12-July.