OWASP Project Manager Role
The previous OWASP project manager (Paulo Coimbra), was active from July 2007 until August 2011. We are nog searching for a new OWASP project manager.
The main responsability of the OWASP project manager is to support the OWASP project leaders (volunteers) in starting and running their Category:OWASP Project projects at OWASP.
The OWASP project manager will report to the OWASP operations director and work closely together with the Global Projects Committee.
- operational follow-up of all OWASP project related questions
- ideally the candidate has experience in setting up or running open source projects him/herself
- the candidate should have excellent presentation, verbal and writing communication skills in English
- the candidate should have experience with managing open source projects
- the candidate should be familiar with the OWASP projects
- having a project manager certification (e.g. PMP or Prince2) is a plus
- the candidate should be able to work woth Google applications, Office, Wikimedia
This is an international position and will require some travel to OWASP conferences and summits. The majority of the work can be performed remotely. OWASP will not provide relocation costs. This position is open in the US as employee or contractor. If you live outside the US, we prefer to hire you as contractor.