Difference between revisions of "October 8, 2012 SB Report"
(Created page with "Sarah Baso - Report of Conference Activity for August 2012 (Prepared for September 10, 2012 Board Meeting)<br> ==Conferences Committee== '''General Committee Info''' * Comm...")
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Sarah Baso - Report of Conference Activity for
Sarah Baso - Report of Conference Activity for 2012 (Prepared for , 2012 Board Meeting)<br>
Latest revision as of 11:07, 12 November 2012
Sarah Baso - Report of Conference Activity for September 2012 (Prepared for October 8, 2012 Board Meeting)
General Committee Info
- Committee Membership, currently 7 members: Mark Bristow, Ralph Durkee, Richard Greenberg, John Wilander, Mohd Fazli Azran, Lorna Alamri, and Benny Ketelslegers.
- Committee Chair: Mark Bristow
- UPDATES: Lucas Ferreira stepped down from role based on work conflict, Mark will not continue as chair in 2013.
- September Committee Meeting Minutes:
- Global Conferences Committee Budget - $20,451 of $40,000 remaining ($19,549 spent).
- Unused budget from "Conference Support" line item allocated to help set up with Booth in a box initiative
Major Activities/Projects (in addition to attending monthly committee meetings, taking & posting meeting minutes):
- Working with committee on setting goals for 2013, drafting committee budget for 2013, and drafting proposed revenue goals for 2013 Global AppSec Events
- Proposals for the 2013 AppSec USA event - NYC proposal approved
- Soliciting proposals for the 2013 AppSec Latam Event
- Requested comments from committee on conference planning documents drafted by Sarah Baso:
- Ongoing - Updated and monitored google form for tracking schwag requests and monitor OCMS for events that have requested schwag but not entered request into google form.
- Ongoing - Work with Konik, Kate, Rocksport, Zazzle, Lulu, and other misc. vendors to fulfull merchandise and conference requests.
Appsec Research 2012 - Global
- Emailed certificates of attendance to training and conference attendees, as well as volunteers.
- Most presentations have been posted to the http://www.appsecresearch.org/schedule site.
AppSec USA 2012 - Global
- Current conference profit estimate: $150,000 (Budget)
- Sponsorships = $191,000
- Training courses posted: http://www.appsecusa.org/schedule/trainings/
- Jim Manico & Eoin Keary are offering 2 Free, half day training courses targeted at the developer community: Registration through Eventbrite:
- Speaker selection complete and schedule posted: http://appsecusa2012.sched.org/
- Current Registration: 361 Paid + 296 Comps (Sponsors, Speakers, Trainers, OWASP Leaders, Giveaways, etc) = 657
- Extra-curricular conference events:
- Conference Attendee Social Event (Thursday evening after conference talks until 8pm)
- Movie sneak peak: Reboot - http://www.appsecusa.org/schedule/reboot/ (Thursday evening 8-10pm)
- 5k Race - Friday Morning
- Current Registration: 174 Paid + 264 Comps (Sponsors, Speakers, Trainers, OWASP Leaders, Giveaways, etc) = 438
- Hotel room block - full at hotel, OWASP has a limited number of rooms at an increased rate that can be booked via cvent.
AppSec Latam 2012 - Global
- Fabio Cerullo is serving as their GCC liaison
- Matt Tesauro attending on behalf of Board, Kate & Sarah also attending
- Event logistics (location and date) finalized:
- Hosted at Antel National Telco Building in Montevideo, Uruguay
- 2 days of training: Nov. 18-19
- 2 days of conference talks: Nov. 20-21 (2 Tracks)
- 4 Keynotes confirmed: Jerry Hoff, Pravir Chandra, Cristian Borghello, and Hernan M. Racciatti
- Schedule finalized and posted to website today (Monday).
- CFP and CFT deadline was Friday, hope to have decisions on schedule within 1 week.
- Sponsorships - $15,500 (Deloitte, PWC, Core Security, AGESIC).
- Hotel room block at 4 Points Sheraton in Montevideo
- Currently finalizing transportation, translation, and food&beverage options.
- Registration open via cvent - 23 people registered
AppSec APAC 2013 - Global
- Conference Venue and room block contract confirmed for Hyatt Regency Jeju, February 19-22
- Had first status call with local team September 25th, will continue to have weekly calls to discuss action items and planning
AppSec Europe 2013 - Global
- New dates confirmed for Aug. 20, 2013 - Aug. 23, 2013
- Local team is waiting on final contract from venue (university).
- Conference/Project management set up in Redmine
- Weekly status calls will resume in November after the local German OWASP day.
AppSec USA 2013 - Global
- NYC proposal confirmed by Global Conference Committee, Penn Hotel in NYC, October 15-18 2013
- Local team is meeting at Penn Hotel on Thursday to go over initial details
- Sarah is working to put together info on previous attendance and costs to help local team with planning
Upcoming Outreach Events
- Hacker Halted USA
- Hacker Halted Asia Pacific 2012
- Malaysia Open Source Conference 2012
- Global Membership Handout (Template created by PR with Brains for NY Chapter, and modified for use at BlackHat Booth)
- Contract with Patrick Calder at Design Foundry & DeNita Morris at Sisterworks Publishing to fulfill needs as outlined in Marketing RFP. Sarah has ongoing weekly status calls to discuss progress & next steps.