OWASP on the Move
This program allows local chapters or application security conferences to have OWASP presenters on site.
This program allows 3 parties to find each other:
- Local chapters or application security events that want to attract an OWASP speaker
- OWASP speakers to entertain OWASP presentations and that want to see the world
- OWASP sponsors that want to support spreading the OWASP message
Owasp on the Move (OotM) is an OWASP project. Visit the project page to see what the future holds for OotM.
The way it works is really easy.
- Upfront the event organizer sends the OotM request (event details, who to cover, etc...) to Kate
- If within the rules (see below) it will be rapidly approved by Kate
- The event organizer updates the OotM section below to track the application
- After the event is performed the speaker, who made the travel/lodging expenses, e-mails a scan of the receipts to Kate
- Kate re-imburses up to the approved budget and informs the event organizer
- The event organizer updates the OotM section below
OWASP On the Move Rules:
The following rules apply for the OotM project:
- The normal maximum amount per speaker is 500 USD
- Only in special circumstances the maximum amount per speaker can be raised to a maximum of $1000 USD
- There is a proposed limit of 2,000 USD on the amount of $ provided to any individual per year (*see 'further funding' below)
- There is a proposed limit of 1,000 USD on the amount of $ provided to any event per year(*see 'further funding' below)
- There is a proposed limit of 2,000 USD on the amount of $ provided to any chapter per year(*see 'further funding' below)
- The program will run for 1 year or 30,000 USD (whichever comes first) and then will be reviewed for the value and ROI for OWASP and its community;
So, a chapter can use the sponsorship 4 times a year, with the max of 2 speakers sponsored by OotM for one single event.
- Further funding: for active chapters or speakers who have reach the proposed financial limits, further funding is possible but will depend on available budget, since priority would be given to chapters below these thresholds
Add your demand here:
If you want to (re)do an OWASP related presentation, propose them here with your availability boundaries (timing/geographical)
- Marc Curphey will happily speak about the WebAppSec industry, SDLC etc. around Europe. You can see him in action at HITB with John Viega (big download)
- Tom Brennan, Security Evangelist and volunteer OWASP contributor is available for global speaking events to discuss OWASP Foundation and can provide case-studies and tatical experinces with interactive Red Team/Tiger Team technical exercises around application, network, wireless and physical security - Contact Tom
- Paolo Perego is available to talk about Orizon project, safe coding and code review issues around Europe in the near October-December.
- Marco Morana is available to talk about Software Security Frameworksand Secure Code Reviews see 07 CSI conference as reference in USA around November-December and in Europe around January-February.
- Sébastien Gioria is available to talk about WebAppSec, educational purpose on AppSec in French or at least in english around France/Europe/Canada from middle of March 08. You can find some Talk on the Owasp France Chapter
Upcoming OWASP on the Move Events
Past OWASP on the Move Events
- 30th Oct 2008: Rochester Marco Morana presented at Rochester Security Summit 2008 about Risk Management in the SDLC.
- 8th Sep 2007: Belgium Mark Curphey, pdp (Architect), Simon Roses Femerling and David Kierznowski presented as part of the OWASP Day worldwide conference.
- 14th July 2007: Turkey Dinis joined the first Turkey Mini-Conference
- 22nd June 2007: Belgium Ivan Ristic and Dinis Cruz came to the chapter meeting (sponsored by F5 Networks locally).
Currently the OotM is sponsored by banners on the OWASP home page.
We are looking for sponsors that specifically want to sponsor the OotM project.
Past local sponsors were:
- F5 Networks in Belgium