OWASP Training - OWASP Projects and Resources you can use TODAY!
The main goal of OWASP Training is to support Local Chapters' training activities in a way that allows us to use a model that, despite specific and punctual adjustments, can be easily replicated and become the main frame for all Chapter-led training events.
Furthermore, we will use the concept “OWASP projects and resources you can use TODAY!”
In a nutshell, we are proposing a Chapter’s driven model with Local Chapter organization in which:
- the courses are free for OWASP members - being that by the time of the training event anyone may become a member if they desire to do so;
- the contents are OWASP projects focused – to promote the awareness of our Projects and the understanding of how they fit into an Enterprise's security ecosystem or in its Web Application Development Life-cycle;
- the costs are supported by a mix of funding - local chapter budget, external sponsorship, trainers sponsorship (i.e. trip and/or accommodation paid by themselves) and local chapter members’ sponsorship (i.e. taking trainers in as guests).
If you would like to organize a training event of this sort, I would suggest that you contact me after gathering the following information which will be our starting point:
- Date of the event;
- Venue and directions;
- Course’s details - with regard to the contents, we would suggest that the focus falls into the OWASP Projects with the most quality and Projects being developed by members of your local Chapter.
The role of the Local Chapters in reinforcing visibility of OWASP Projects within the local corporate communities and, by that, in encouraging the use and understanding of our tools and documentation is absolutely invaluable – do get involved!
If you are interested in being part of OWASP's pool of Trainers, check our 'Call for Trainers' tab and add your name!
- London Training Day, April, 16th, 2010, London, UK
- London Training Day, May, 28th, 2010, London, UK
- IBWAS'10 Training Day, December, 16th, 2010, Lisbon, Portugal | Part of the 2nd OWASP Ibero-American Web Application Security Conference (IBWAS'10)
- Ireland Training Day, March, 11, 2010, Dublin, Ireland
- France Training Day, date tbc, Paris, France
Trainers Database - Call for Trainers!
OWASP is looking for trainers to deliver training under the flag “OWASP Projects and Resources you can use today!”. If you are an OWASP member and would like to be included in OWASP's pool of trainers, this is your chance - add your name and info to the OWASP Trainers / Volunteers Table and be counted!
The role of the Local Chapters in reinforcing visibility of OWASP Projects within the local corporate communities and, by that, in encouraging the use and understanding of our tools and documentation is absolutely invaluable.
In this context, the OWASP Training appears as an excellent vehicle to spread the knowledge and the word and that is why this is one of the areas we want to strongly focus on.
So, if you have experience and feel ready to deliver training on any of the OWASP Projects and/or Modules, add your name to our OWASP Trainers Database!
Modules and Materials