Difference between revisions of "OWASP Top 10 Privacy Risks Project"
|Line 83:||Line 83:|
Revision as of 08:22, 20 February 2014
- Why is this project only about web applications and not about any kind of software?
- Web applications often collect data from users without their permission or informing them about the usage of their data. Trackers and cookies deliberately enable the monitoring of the users behaviour for selling their data. Besides that, the information brought up in this project could be used for any other kind of software.
The Top 10 Privacy Risk list is developed by a team of volunteers. The primary contributors to date have been:
- Florian Stahl
- Stefan Burgmair
As of February 2014, the priorities are:
- Collection of interested participants (building a team) - Q1/2014.
- Draft ideas for top 10-20 privacy risks - Q2/2014.
- Prioritize/rate and improve the list of Top 10 Privacy Risks until end of 2014 (Version 1.0).
- Ongoing improvement / re-rating.
Involvement in the development and promotion of the project is actively encouraged! You do not have to be a security or privacy expert in order to contribute. Some of the ways you can help:
- Answer the questionnaire for identifying and rating the Top 10 privacy list (will be provided soon)
- Tell your colleagues and friends about the project
- Provide feedback and input (feel free to contact us)
| PROJECT INFO
What does this OWASP project offer you?
| RELEASE(S) INFO|
What releases are available for this project?