Difference between revisions of "OWASP Summer of Code 2008 Previous Updates"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[[Click here to return to the previous page
[[Click here to return to the previous page]]
== Previous Updates ==
== Previous Updates ==
Revision as of 15:52, 14 May 2008
- APRIL 30:
- With regard to the progress pages, we are still working on a sample of it. You can see here and here what we are doing. Once we have it finalized, we’ll get back to you. However, if you need right now to have a wiki page to carry on with your work, you can create your own on the section of Season of Code Projects at the OWASP projects page – later on it can be adapted in accordance with the proposed model.
- This situation above has also an impact on the reviewers’ question. We’ve decided to add in the referred above model the specifications to have in consideration for the work review. Hence, we are planning to focus again on finding reviewers only after the model is finished. However, it will happen very soon. Besides, for your information, we are planning to offer to every SoC’s reviewer either a free ticket to attend the OWASP NYC AppSec 2008 Conference or 12,5% of the value of the project to be reviewed.
- APRIL 17:
- We announce the results of the assessment of OWASP Summer of Code’s 2008 applications that can be found here.
- As a swift overview, we would say that we have received 35 applications of which 31 were already accepted. In addition, two applications are waiting for Jury’s decision yet and two more were withdrawn by the author.
- Consequently, except for the former two applications referred above, we declare that the working period for the OWASP Summer of Code 2008 has already begun.
- MARCH 31:
- We announce a two-week-delay in the assessment of OWASP Summer of Code’s 2008 applications. We are now planning to deliver our assessment on the 16th April. Hence, the whole SoC’s 2008 schedule will be postponed two weeks.
- Having carefully analysed the set of 35 applications, we have decided to request that 18 applicants adjust their proposals. These 18 applications can be found here.
- As you will see, for each one, we have posted a couple of recommendations. Consequently, we ask that each applicant answer just below our recommendations, whether or not they are accepted. If so, please leave a clear note of it and modify accordingly your applications in the same wiki page.
- We also recommend that you state your positions by the 9th of April.
- The remaining set of applications can be found on either the Majority Vote Page or Selection Criteria Page. Although the new official date to announce the SoC’s 2008 is now the 16th of April, we will post our assessment as soon as it has been reached. At this moment, the applicants can of course start working. However, we will return to you all later, once the assessment process has been totally completed, with further details.
- We understand the inconvenience that this might cause and apologise for that. Although, as we are acting to improve the SoC’s final deliveries, we also ask for your understanding and we thank you in advance.
- MARCH 25: Submission period is now closed. The final decision will be announced HERE on the 2nd April. Thanks to everybody who applied for this OWASP Season of Code.
- MARCH 12 : If your application for an OWASP Summer of Code 2008 fund wasn’t already submitted just because you are stuck with doubts about a work line to follow, you can skim over the new and greatly improved Request for Proposal List to find a wide-range of options.
- MARCH 10: As expected, the applications are coming in!
- Please remember to send us an email when you post them on-line. We need to know who you are. :)
- MARCH 3: OWASP SUMMER OF CODE 2008' HAS BEEN LAUNCHED!
- Deadline for project applications: 25th March.